X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-30-14

Black box: 69-21249—51-1279

Star pic: 44-87592-21-3672

The first reveals how the promise of all our postponements, ever longer, ever more secure — what we eventually mistook for immortality — was from the start a broken promise.
    Full Text

Comment

• Originally posted by heartbreak View Post
      Full a/0 pic with text (Version 2.0)

Higher contrast text

I prefer Version 2.0 but some people might have better luck with the higher contrast.

Will add more text as we get it.
      I like what you did there. Re-ordered textual implications.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBHalo View Post

I think it's more of a reference to the previous works though... It's got the blue of HoL, and the green, the gold and the purple of OR. Besides, the strange spelling is allways the one used in OR...

A reference to The could be the pink inverted commas in the very last page of T50YS (284). Maybe?
        I agree it's a reference to previous works. I forgot about the violet commas on the last page T50YS. Though, the last quotes and the violet on allways appeared to be both the same color. Portends of The do make sense though.

Comment

• Originally posted by schinji View Post

I like what you did there. Re-ordered textual implications.
          Credit should go to Ellimist for the idea and you for providing the grid that made it a whole lot easier to implement.

I think I'm a couple behind now. Will try and get it updated soon.

Comment

• The color seems purple to me. In the list of Editions in HoL, the one line in Chapter XXI in full colour edition is called purple. Both in OR and T50YS the pantone is 2602 U , T50YS calls it "others" or other (Homes, Lovers & Others). I always thought this was a combination of blue and red, labyrinth and monster, the ultimate danger, deep purple! The last quote mark in T50YS in both versions is probably the same colour (? At least in this shitty pdf of 2005 version i found on the interwebz), maybe more bright, violet. This forum is magenta/pink. Looks like different colours to me. Similar, but not the same.

All I'm saying is it might be a nod to TF, but it's also (and more likely) a nod to pg 518 from HoL and Creep and dates from OR (or maybe proto-OR, since the first version is from 2005).

Comment

• I think you're right. In my edition (Cargo 2014) the inverted comma in the last page is stitched (not in the normal font), and it looks more pink than the one on page 136; but as you said, the pantones list reads 2602 U. Maybe I was just thinking too much about it.

Oh, and I love the image with quotes too, thank you!

Comment

• 11-13-14, 19th star image

Black box: 41-684259-2-8131

Star pic: 40-385—105-09379

Entropy suffers no reversals.

Even now, here, on the edge of time’s end, where so many continue to vanish, we still have not pierced that veil of sentience undone.
                Full Text

Comment

• 11-27-14, 20th star image

Black box: 3-04042-29-54048

Star pic: 41-95807—70-6621

The first of our common horrors:
                  It's not incomplete - that's all the text in this one.

Full Text

Comment

• Once again Danielewski blows my mind with something like this. So glad that someone figured this out :)

Comment

• 12-11-14, 21st star image

Black box: 68-13155—149-474

Star pic: 19-9241—75-13294

Death.
                      Full Text

Comment

• 12-25-14, 22nd star image

Black box: 25-2975-55-35641

Star pic: 90-00000-0-00000

Yet we believe and accept that there is grace and finally truth in standing accountable before such an invincible unknown.
                        Full Text

Comment

• 01-08-15, 23rd star image

Black box: 40-33248-26-4791

Star pic: -8-74159-147-4862

But we are not everyone.
                          Full Text

Comment

• Hmm, this is a second time these senders from future seem to suggest that there are others that are not so zen about the end of universe (You might say just to survive to such an end is a miracle in itself./ We would agree. / But we are not everyone.) and the unsolved mystery of death (above).

Comment

• On December 11, the corresponding tweets and Instagram posts started including hashtags. Today's included #coverrelease #january13.

I better get reading - students are tweeting that their classes have started...

Comment

• I wonder if the cover will include the stars...

Comment

Working...
                                X