MZD Twitter/facebook codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barcodes for books.

Let me know when the 27th has been posted.

Comment

UPCs are 12-digits, ISBNs are 10-digits, and EANs are 12-digits plus >, so it couldn't be any of those. Publisher's number wouldn't work either as there are no repeating series of digits. Perhaps a reference number in regards to applying for ISBNs for the upcoming Volumes?

Comment

Originally posted by Typhonae View Post
        EANs are 12-digits plus
        Couldn't be any of those?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...e_Number_(EAN)

Comment

-25-8506-25-66809

And...

41-89026-12-4923

Once again, Black squares with the codes.
          Last edited by Paradox; 05-11-2013, 12:19 PM. Reason: New Code was tweeted.

Comment

So we now know for sure these are gps coordinates. The black squares, without dipping any HoL lore, imho are probably just blinders, i.e. to keep any visual cues from informing or molding our perception. The question now is the significance of these locations. I know the one in Belize is by a Jaguar preserve(I happened to have lived there for awhile in the early 90's). There is some interesting history in the Germanic locations, and some bloody battles in the South African one. The Egyptian one is telling, though the urge to make the easy connection to cats is seductive, being so close to the Valley of the Gods... yet not close enough. The one on the Dordogne that intersects with another river has some huge historical implications as well. I know this is all pretty random. I've been playing with them, cataloging, and reading up on the sites in my spare time. When/if I get some thing more structured, I'll post and let all know. Nice little diversion if nothing else. But I think these will be sites in the book. My gut says something of a timeline jumping era spanning cat that we know will be found, owned, or claimed by a little girl. Maybe the cat, being a being of those oft reputed nine lives, might have connections to these places. Nine being an important number...

Comment

Great observation Kasey, since there is a GPS coordinate of Ieper in Belgium, I can only confirm your ‘cat thread’ in the GPS coordiates. I happen to be from Belgium and Ieper is known here as the ‘cat city’. In the early Middle Ages the cat was a personification of evil and illnesses. By making cat sacrifices,these evil spirits were exorcised.

Cats were thrown down from the Bell-Tower in Ieper from the 12th century until approximately 1817. These days these local superstitions are remembered by an annual cat parade and the throwing of plush cats from the Bell-Tower. The Leopold-III laan is one of the streets that the annual ‘cat parade’ passes through.

Comment

Here's another...

-33-86026-151-215

Comment

Sydney Opera .

Comment

It appears I was way off.

So, like a man in orthopaedic shoes, I stand corrected.

Comment

Tweeted on the 20th of June, along with the now accepted and expected... mysterious black square.

-33-4504—70-67477

Also a friend of mine pointed something out to me, it seems like in some more recent cases (at least from the 14th of March onwards), the codes have been posted every fourteen days, at the exact same time. We're not sure if it has any significance, or if it does what that might be, but any detail is probably worth mentioning.
                      Last edited by Paradox; 07-01-2013, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Yay, my first post! ^^ I'm that friend he mentioned. And so he doesn't double post...

Tweeted on the 4th of July at 11:11 A.M. accompanied by the usual black square.

39-949—75-149939

Also, there was some mild discrepancies, as I had looked at the wrong Timeline. According to the Twitter feed, the very first square was posted at 11:11 A.M. on January 17th, and all proceeding ones were 14 days apart as well, not just from March 14th.

Adding to that, as Dox and I did some thinking-- posting at 11:11 every 14 days may be alluding to a date, 11/11/14 possibly.

It may also be possible (and this is highly speculation) but as each dot corresponds to a location, they may be forming a type of 'connect-the-dots' image across the entire world, with areas significant to cats or a particular story (a large cat/cat face maybe?). We'd need more dots though...
                        Last edited by Wren; 07-05-2013, 09:58 AM. Reason: New information

Comment

Originally posted by Wren View Post
                          Adding to that, as Dox and I did some thinking-- posting at 11:11 every 14 days may be alluding to a date, 11/11/14 possibly.

It may also be possible (and this is highly speculation) but as each dot corresponds to a location, they may be forming a type of 'connect-the-dots' image across the entire world, with areas significant to cats or a particular story (a large cat/cat face maybe?). We'd need more dots though...
                          11/11/14. Awesome. That's some good detective work. Here's to hoping (but I'll take it any day sooner)!
                          Connect the dots..I've been thinking that we're either traveling through a long tunnel (since the last picture before the squares was, I believe, a doorway with a bit of light. If Navidson had looked back...), and will eventually emerge at quite a location (it's almost like a scavenger hunt in this sense..)..and my wild-mind wants it to be a constellation, haha.

Hi! Welcome to the forums!

Comment

So I've been thinking about this a bit more than I really have time for, but such are MZD riddles, having read HoL, what? 12 times now? Anyhow... Some thoughts:

1) If we see 27 and 27 only, well then, we have a more defined frame in which to understand these coordinates:

a) Touring locations, as was suggested in another thread awhile back, during a T50YS reading, and what better way to pre-load an audience for a book tour? Plus, some of these cities are overtly cat related, others are not. But all are places I’d like to visit. Especially on Pantheon’s dime.

b) Settings/scenes. Per volume. Relative to space and time. We know precious little about the structure of TF, but we do know that MZD doesn’t really care about linear storytelling (yay!) and loves timelines and histories that support his narratives (see the footnotes in HoL or the running sidebars in OR). Perhaps these locations, some factually rooted in some cat-centric event in geography and chronography, other less obvious locations perhaps forced into cat-centric molds via creative license will tie/link the entire 27 volume narrative together. Perhaps akin to something we saw in THE SILENT HISTORY. Just a hunch.

2) 11/11/14 doesn’t jive in the release scheme of these coordinates, 11/11/14 falling on a Tuesday (versus a Thursday) on an odd week between the two week release cycle. Of course, this could be alluding to a release date of 11/11/14 – which makes all kinds of sense. Fall being when big releases are made, and Pantheon clearly thinks this is a big release ($1MM says as much). And we were told 2014, right? Right. This. This makes the most sense. T minus 490 days…

3) Black squares. I’m inclined to think they have less to do with the “darkness” quotes and more to do with the desire to delete information from his posts, much like his redacted and strikethrough passages. The black is meant to force the reader to use his own discernment, his own mental visual cues. If he put a picture of Santiago Chile, or The Hermitage, or whatever, the code would be moot. If put something else, the code might be lost while people focused on the image. Like the misdirection of the long list of architects in HoL, the point of the list was to NOT to try to read it, to focus elsewhere. I think the black squares are the same, to direct us to the GPS coordinates, and the timestamps – the only data we were given. Just a thought.

Fun no?

Comment

[QUOTE=Wren;142728][SIZE=2]

According to the Twitter feed, the very first square was posted at 11:11 A.M. on January 17th, and all proceeding ones were 14 days apart as well, not just from March 14th.

Welcome, new friends. MZD has an auto-post thing on his Twitter that runs every two weeks. The posting dates/times don't necessarily have anything to do with the new book. There have also been posts from his other writings that pop up on the same schedule. But then again...speculate away.

Comment

Tweeted 18th July with a black square

32-76536-129-868

Comment

Working...
                                X