Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At Least This Explains All The Cat T-Shirts

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CpVb006 View Post
    Unless, of course, "installment" isn't synonymous with volume.
    Seems it is, at least for the author of that article. "Installment" is what it says in the caption, but in the body it says "The novel will be released on a rapid timeline almost unheard-of in the publishing industry: one volume every three months, beginning in 2014."

    Comment


    • of Leaves was about a movie. is a movie. The is a TV show?

      Comment


      • I fear I might not last the distance...

        Comment


        • Also, did anyone notice in the article, the summary is that it's about a girl who saves a cat? Is this new information, or do you think the writer of the article was just getting a little ahead of himself?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ThereIsNoDarkSky View Post
            Also, did anyone notice in the article, the summary is that it's about a girl who saves a cat? Is this new information, or do you think the writer of the article was just getting a little ahead of himself?
            Saves vs finds?

            Comment


            • I imagine the 1MM was paid to MZD, and of course a nice slice to his agent, WF. Sorry, wrong agent - should read JRW of WME.
              Last edited by kaseycarpenter; 11-23-2011, 09:15 AM. Reason: errant use of non-factual acronym

              Comment


              • Originally posted by heartbreak View Post
                Saves vs finds?
                Yeah! Those are rather different events!

                Comment


                • Hold on everybody. Let me get the mat out first.


                  Comment


                  • Damn. That's what we get for encouraging him by talking about his other books for so long. This is all our fault, really.
                    p.s. The first comment under the article is kind of ironically amusing.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by po-m View Post
                      The first comment under the article is kind of ironically amusing.
                      That's what I'm here for.

                      Comment


                      • Just crunching a few page numbers.

                        If each volume is 50 pages, the entire thing will be 1350 pages.

                        100 pages per volume, 2700 pages total.

                        Considering how much work and effort he puts into every page, the timeline for release is really no surprise.

                        Comment


                        • 50 pages? This seems rather short. But then again, it depends on what is on each page.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Emöjk View Post
                            50 pages? This seems rather short. But then again, it depends on what is on each page.
                            A conservative estimate to illustrate how massively long it will be.

                            Comment


                            • http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/jack...-familiar.html

                              Comment


                              • ...Huh. I liked the first article better.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X