Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MZD at Comic-Con with a panel, signing, and T50YS stuff

Spotted this news from Pantheon's Facebook fan page:

SDCC 2012: Visit KDPG to See Mark Z. Danielewski, Charles Yu, and More
    The Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group is heading back to San Diego for Comic-Con 2012! We’re bringing together some of your favorite authors for four fun, swag-filled days in sunny San Diego.

Art of the Thrill Kill
    Friday July 13, 2012 10:00am – 11:00am @ Room 24ABC
    From psychokillers and sociopaths to the vast unknowable emptiness of deep space, these authors know that it takes more than just blood and gore to keep their readers awake at night. Their novels are all well crafted, imaginative, and more often than not…downright terrifying. Top horror and thriller novelists discuss how they balance ratcheting suspense with perfectly paced creepiness to create stories that are both psychologically and atmospherically disturbing. Participants Barry Lyga (I Hunt Killers), Michelle Gagnon (Don’t Turn Around), Johan Harstad (172 Hours on the Moon), Dan Wells (I Am Not a Serial Killer), James Rollins (SIGMA Force novels), Mark Z. Danielewski (The Fifty Year Sword, of Leaves), Jeffrey J. Mariotte (The Devil’s Bait), and Chase Novak (Breed) discuss their delicate art with moderator Lauren Beukes (Zoo City).

Mark Z. Danielewski
    Friday, July 13, 12 pm to 1pm
    Panel author signing, table AA09 (Artist's Alley, left side of the map)

Swag and Books for Sale:
    As always, our booth will feature a wide array of swag based on our recent and upcoming books, including The Fifty Year Sword by Mark Z. Danielewski, The Hive by Charles Burns, Building Stories by Chris Ware, Talulla Rising by Glen Duncan, and 50 Shades of Grey by E.L. James. Visit us at Booth #1515: highlighted map

Didn't make it to Comic-Con, but here's a cool interview with Mark where he describes the new version of T50YS in a bit more detail than at least I have heard before.

http://amoxcalli.ginaruiz.com/2012/0...erview-mark-z/

Also, since T50YS is now going to be a legitimate novel, shouldn't it have its own subforum?

Oh and does anyone have extra party hats or TF stickers? I know this one couple that would really love at least one of each of those...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Truant View Post
      Didn't make it to Comic-Con, but here's a cool interview with Mark where he describes the new version of T50YS in a bit more detail than at least I have heard before.

http://amoxcalli.ginaruiz.com/2012/0...erview-mark-z/
      Just when that cover had faded to memory... Excellent!

Edit: Ummmmmmmmmmmmm.... holy crap... wow!
      Last edited by heartbreak; 07-16-2012, 08:17 AM. Reason: read the part about T50YS

Comment

Video interview from SDCC (there was also a prior "coming soon" post where he linked to Exploration Z)
        Also, rawr
        Need to link to all the pics SDCC and the official FB fan page/Twitter put up...so lazy...unfortunately, very lazy, and didn't get around to frantically beg Twitter people who went to the panel to post about it. Maybe Google will turn up their posts still...

Comment

Geekscape interview - includes tour thinking

Comment

Working...
          X