No announcement yet.

MZD Twitter/facebook codes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the sake of data, the Zambia point is about 33 miles off the Hubble path and the 27 Egypt point is about 60 miles off the Hubble path.

For the sake of discussion, we also have a lot of data points that are outside the range of 30° N and 30° S.

Comment

Concerning Mark's last post with the stars: didn't the Egyptians think that soul of dead pharaoh’s would be rise up to the heavens to unite with the ancient Egyptian Solar deity Ra (or Re)? If I'm not wrong one of the theories is that the air shafts in the pyramids are perfectly aligned with certain constellations in order to facilitate the soul to reunite with the stars.

From Wikipedia: “Ancient Egyptians believed that death occurs when a person's ka leaves the body. Ceremonies conducted by priests after death, including the "opening of the mouth (wp r)", aimed not only to restore a person's physical abilities in death, but also to release a Ba's attachment to the body. This allowed the Ba to be united with the Ka in the afterlife, creating an entity known as an "Akh" (, meaning "effective one").
      Egyptians conceived of an afterlife as quite similar to normal physical existence — but with a difference. The model for this new existence was the journey of the Sun. At night the Sun descended into the Duat (the underworld). Eventually the Sun meets the body of the mummified Osiris. Osiris and the Sun, re-energized by each other, rise to new life for another day. For the deceased, their body and their tomb were their personal Osiris and a personal Duat. For this reason they are often addressed as "Osiris". For this process to work, some sort of bodily preservation was required, to allow the Ba to return during the night, and to rise to new life in the morning. However, the complete Akhu were also thought to appear as stars.”

One of the first Christmas cards that Mark send out to the world contained a cat that is looking at a star (the polar star?, a star also appears on a later card with black background) set on a blue background. Now we have a Hubble shot of a starlit sky (maybe someone knows which constellation we are looking at?) Maybe Mark wants to indicate that we've come full circle and The will be released soon? Maybe he wants to indicate he finished writing it? Another idea: maybe the previous post indicates from where we are looking (i.e. Ain Dallah, White Desert, Egypt) to the constellation from the last post? Just some rough thoughts, any ideas on this would be very welcome.

The ancient Egyptians also believed that the nocturnal gleam in the eye of a cat was a ray of sunshine, and symbolised the sun deity Ra, who exuded light even in the darkness of the underworld.
      Last edited by DownwardSpiral; 03-11-2014, 03:59 AM.

Comment

If you look closely at the Hubble picture you'll notice a small black shape in the left upper corner, in my opinion this definitely could be seen as a cat's ear. If you could see the whole picture of this (i.e. the cat in full looking at the nightsky), this image is very familar to the one as described on one of the first Christmas cards... This whole idea makes sense (at least to me) in relationship with the going of Carl.

Comment

I had assumed that was just a seam or blank spot because of how they splice together satellite images to make a bigger picture. As for your previous post, I bet there will be a few references to Egypt and one or some of these "Egyptian feline deities" http://heru-ra-ha.tripod.com/library/catdeities.html in the new book. So maybe the picture is a reference to that, but it would be a pretty vague one...

Also, I saw the pictures of those Christmas cards a while ago and have been wondering: did people actually get them? If so, how? Friends of the author? People who are active on this site? I want to get cards and stuff!
          Last edited by hawaiianguy3; 03-13-2014, 11:52 PM.

Comment

In case there is any connection to geographical points (http://schinjislist.blogspot.com), let me pick out two coordinate points.

Schelklingen (48.371204, 9.726500).
            There is a little stream in Schelklingen, only 500 metres long which runs into another stream called Ach which goes into the Blau which again is a side river of the blue Danube. The name of this little stream is Urspring, its very spring it is called Ursprung, which is the German word for origin. Maybe a good starting point for a first post of 27 (or more...). Very soon people had the idea that the number 27 indicates threedimensionality: 3 x 3 x 3 or 3 ^ 3. If this is the case and we think of coordinates, the origin (the zero reference point) of such a coordinate system is called "Ursprung" in German, too. Maybe Hazel's post a/0 has to do with this origin, too: "a" as the starting point of the alphabet, and "0" as the origin of a coordinate system, such as the GPS system is one.

Maybe it's worth mentioning that the whole area around Schelklingen belongs to the ancient river valley of the Danube (somebody said it before - I don't know where), as part of the karst landscape of "Schwäbische Alb" which is as hollow as a swiss cheese with limestone caves everywhere and springs, streams and rivers, starting in so called "pots", such as the Blautopf (in Blaubeuren), the origin of the river Blau (7 km from Schelklingen), which looks incredibly blue (this is at least the memory I have from my childhood) and belongs to a vast cavernous system, both flooded by water and dry. Also Schelklingen has a cave (Der Hohle Fels - The Hollow Rock) where some important prehistorical founds were made, testimonial for the beginnings of human culture, among them a venus figurine and a 30.000 year old flute (the most ancient music instrument ever found so far), one of many archeological sites and caves of that area. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohle_Fels

"Havenhurst" (34.105000, -118.333530).
            Going to Google Street View it shows the entrance of an apartment in LA of that name with the year 1861 (the inauguration of Abraham Lincoln) written on it. I think it is not too farfetched to think that Havenhurst in Hollywood may be an allusion to Lynch's "Mulholland Drive". Crucial parts of that film take place in a big apartment building called Havenhurst in Hollywood; it is the place where a blue triangular key appears without a reason that later opens a strange blue box. This, being opened, transverses the whole Mulholland story top to toe.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Magda; 04-20-2014, 10:32 AM.

Comment

The new one:
              50-92879--109-818
              50.92879, -109.818
              The middle of the road of Hwy 635 in Mendham, Saskatchewan, Canada.

Maybe, once we have them all, these new satellite photos can be put together like the cat photo to create an image of a constellation.

At least some of I these locations could be near minor anthropological sites, as Magda mentioned about Schelklingen and I did in a previous post about the New York location. They're things that you wouldn't really be able to find out about unless you're intimately with the area.

That's interesting a/0- that is a very good starting point. I also notices that these new satellite photos and coords are making it to that thread now as no previous posts have. Significant?

I was skeptical about the possible David Lynch/Mullholland Drive reference, but then I remembered that the author does have a history with film, so I feel like that's unlikely but possible.

Comment

Originally posted by DownwardSpiral View Post
                Concerning Mark's last post with the stars: didn't the Egyptians think that soul of dead pharaoh’s would be rise up to the heavens to unite with the ancient Egyptian Solar deity Ra (or Re)? If I'm not wrong one of the theories is that the air shafts in the pyramids are perfectly aligned with certain constellations in order to facilitate the soul to reunite with the stars.

The ancient Egyptians also believed that the nocturnal gleam in the eye of a cat was a ray of sunshine, and symbolised the sun deity Ra, who exuded light even in the darkness of the underworld.
                I was thinking similar things with the last Egypt map point and the palindromic 27.2727-27.27272. The as above, so below of the Egyptian, map points and stars is coalescing well for my enigma cracking mind. The cat bit seems a bit far fetched, but I like it.

While I didn't intend it either, I've been calling them Danielewski's Boxes, which could be 2D or 3D, 3^3=27, and with that many volumes [sic] foretold of The , I like that too.

I updated my page a bit, but still haven't had time to do further correspondences with place and stars from the previous codes given. That might eventually be a good idea. Even if not space, location information and details might lend information.

I suffer the koan: "Two rules and one challenge ... "

Comment

I just saw this on Reddit -- probably coincidence, but this story about Zambia + space + girl + cat all seem to converge in MZD's March 6th update.

Comment

55-83372—4-30834
                    55.83372, -4.30834

The North Wood of Pollok Park just outside Glasgow.

This is an interesting one because it could actually be researched! Google Maps doesn't like those coordinates for some reason, but if you use this site: http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/ it'll work. This site: http://www.scotcities.com/cathcart/p..._northwood.htm mentions two archaeological digs in these woods that are near the given coords. This article: http://www.heraldscotland.com/city-s...-park-1.882958 talks about ringwork (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringwork) that was discovered at these sites. The park used to be the grounds of a castle and the 'oldest road in Glasgow' is buried there. This site: http://glasarchsoc.org.uk/grants/ is an in-depth explanation of what was found during both excavations.

I still feel that all of these locations are linked by ancient human history.

Comment

69.21249, -51.1279 , Ilulissat, Greenland
                      This is the birth place of Knud Rasmussen (1879 - 1933), half a Dane, half an Inuit. Rasmussen was an explorer who set out to several expeditions on Greenland (the "Thule Expeditions"). The fifth of them was especially important because it had a rich yield of archeological and ethnographical findings. In fact DNA analyses could support the idea that the Inut took their way via the Barents sea to Canada and then to Greenland. (Keywords: Dorset culture, Independence I and II culture, Saqqaq culture). Having spent much of his life with the Inuit, Rasmussen is also known as ethnographer who wrote down many oft the oral tradition of the Inuit, myths and tales concerning the origin of the world, the big deluge, odd stories about the Inuit and many animal tales. Rasmussen also produced an impressive volume of photographs about the Inuit.

One of the stories goes this way:
                      The ends of land and sea are bordered by a vast abyss, but spanning over it there is a narrow and dangerous path that leads into celestial realms. The heavens are a large dome made of a hardened substance, wich arches over the earth, and herein is a hole through wich the spirits ascend to heaven: Only the spirits of those who suffered a delibarate or violent death go on this path. The spirits who dwell there light a torch to lead the feet of the newcomers: the northern light. There you can see them how they revel and play football with the skull of a walrus. The whistling and crackling noises that accompany the lights are the voices of the spirits when they try to communicate with the people on earth. You should only reply to them in a whispered voice.

Rasmussen also had to do with fim business: during his last expidition the movie "Palo's weddinge" (1934) was filmed, and he surveyed the Arnold-Fankc-film "SOS iceberg" (1932/33) with the pilot Ernst Udet and Leni Riefenstahl (not behind the camera this time).

Ah, and as an aside: http://www.rax.is/Gallery/Greenland/index.html
                      Last edited by Magda; 04-08-2014, 12:57 AM.

Comment

50.92879, -109.818, Estuary, Sakatchewan, Canada
                        http://www.ghosttownpix.com/sask/towns/estuary.html

Comment

Someone on Facebook (are you someone posting here as well?) posted a link on today's update, identifying the source of the star images as this JPL photo of a star called "CW Leo".

It seems to be a match. I lined up all four of the square images on top of the big one, and they fit. With the source image at full resolution, you have to scale the square images to 885px by 885px to make them fit.

(Image links to larger resolution.)

Comment

Wow. Well, that's gotta be a metaphor for a character or something: "a runaway star, plowing through the depths of space and piling up interstellar material... shedding its own atmosphere to form a sooty shell of discarded material." Powerful literary stuff.

Also, 40-43222—3-66468 = 40.43222, -3.66468 = the grounds of Las Ventas, a bullfighting ring in Madrid, Spain

Incidentally, I've suspected for a while that some of the clues posted on here or otherwise (Facebook, in this case) are coming from the author or someone an cahoots with the author through the guise of other fans. The people who come up with these fantastic insights often have only one or two posts in their history. In this case, Zack Warren, whose cover photo is seemingly of a NASA command center, has absolutely no history, photos or friends on his Facebook page. The oldest thing done on his page was in July 2013; a time when the author would have had a plan about slowly releasing these satellite photos and also knowing that we'd need to be fed a clue about their meaning. I'm just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiianguy3 View Post
                              In this case, Zack Warren, whose cover photo is seemingly of a NASA command center, has absolutely no history, photos or friends on his Facebook page. The oldest thing done on his page was in July 2013; a time when the author would have had a plan about slowly releasing these satellite photos and also knowing that we'd need to be fed a clue about their meaning. I'm just saying.
                              I just assumed I can't see any more info than that because we're not friends. I mean, he could just keep most of his information private. I'm not saying it's impossible, though.

Which other insights were you thinking of?
                              Last edited by MoleculaRR; 04-17-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Nicely done with the overlays, MoleculaRR!

Also, 40-43222—3-66468 = 40.43222, -3.66468 = the grounds of Las Ventas, a bullfighting ring in Madrid, Spain
                                ^ This is fantastic for obvious reasons.

In this case, Zack Warren, whose cover photo is seemingly of a NASA command center, has absolutely no history, photos or friends on his Facebook page. The oldest thing done on his page was in July 2013; a time when the author would have had a plan about slowly releasing these satellite photos and also knowing that we'd need to be fed a clue about their meaning. I'm just saying.
                                I dunno... that seems a bit far fetched. I can't see MZD liking his own posts even under a false account...

Comment

Working...
                                X