• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE FAMILIAR: A Call for Cat Photos!

THE

A CALL FOR CAT PHOTOS!

Calling all kitties . . .

Believe it or not, Volume 1 of THE by Mark Z. Danielewski is coming out soon (well, at least to us it seems soon). If you would like to *possibly* see your cat--or any cat you love--memorialized in the novel, send us your favorite pic now!

There are only two things you need to do!

1 - Scan the front and the back of the image and e-mail it to catphotos@gmail.com

Feel free to write something on the back of the photo. You may include the cat’s name, your name, a date and a short phrase (though keep in mind that we may exclude the photo depending on the phrase). If the photo is digital, you may create a handwritten digital back side. We do need both the front and the back for the submission to be complete. Handwriting is key. And the photo should feature the cat only.

Please make sure each image is at least 1 MB in size but no larger than 5 MB (JPG, TIF and PDF formats accepted).

2 - Please print, fill out, sign and scan both pages of the attached (PDF) contract and send it along with your photo so we will have permission to use it. (If you cannot download the PDF, please scroll down the page for JPG versions.)

Deadline: ASAP!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hazel; 08-29-2014, 11:34 AM.

If people have more than one cat they would like to submit, should they send multiple emails or one containing all?

Comment

I don't have any pics that large. :(

Comment

Heartbreak, either way is fine as long as each photo is accompanied by a release form.

And po-m, feel free to send what you have and we'll see what we can do.

Comment

Also, I can see that there's an attachment from the menu, but can't view the link in your post. I've tried IE and Chrome--nothin'. What am I missing?

Comment

i can't do this right meow. Maybe soon if i am feline less busy.

Comment

The PDF should download once you click on it, but here are JPGs in case that doesn't work . . .

Last edited by Hazel; 08-29-2014, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks, Hazel. (I may have a larger issue to fix eventually. I can't see attachments anywhere on the forum. It might be a permissions thing.) JPEG works, though.

Comment

Didn't see this until now! Will look for the best photo we've got of our cat in the morning (it's 1 a.m. now). I hope it doesn't matter if the photo's from the late 80's

Comment

If you want the PDF instead of the JPG, you have to sign up as a member of the forum and confirm via the email they send to you. Then you can see the attachment!

Comment

Super. I've been a fake member for about a decade, apparently.

Comment

Wait, scan front and back? I have plenty of photos of my cats I'd love to share but they're all digital, would they not be usable?

Comment

Will be sending in a few shots of our cats tomorrow! Don't have a printer handy until tomorrow.

Comment

I am having a hard time scanning my cat. Is it a requirement that I hand write something on his back? He doesn't seem to like it an it is making the scanning harder.
                            Last edited by spotpea; 08-27-2014, 10:27 AM.

Comment

My cat is named Ocean after Neil Gaiman's newest novel, can I include a quote from the book or are there copyright issues with that?

Comment

Working...
                              X