This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Wish List / Things That Need to be Fixed

Well, we finally have the latest version of the forum software! I want to make a sticky that we can use as a wish list and for things that need to be fixed. I can see that there are many things to do, and they will get done it will just take some time. Please make sure that you read the thread before blurting out a change or fix that has previously been suggested. TIA.

Would you like us to re-list here the stuff we have already mentioned in the revamp thread?

Comment

I was fond of the button, whatever it was called, that when you clicked on it would take you to the first post in a thread that you hadn't read. Any chance we could get that back?

Otherwise, I'm still getting used to things (and I see I've lost a few posts from my count, too), but I like this so far.

Comment

Originally posted by John B. View Post
        I was fond of the button, whatever it was called, that when you clicked on it would take you to the first post in a thread that you hadn't read. Any chance we could get that back?
        That's still there. Click on the little icon before the thread-title.

Comment

Originally posted by heartbreak View Post
          Would you like us to re-list here the stuff we have already mentioned in the revamp thread?
          Yes please!

Comment

All right, well obviously the banners at the top need some tweaking. They're too short, for one thing, it would probably be preferable to come up with something that could repeat laterally, but I presume (perhaps erroneously?) that you're already working on that. Or you could, you know, get rid of them altogether. Like you have with Todd the Out of the Way giraffe.
            Also the font colours don't always go with the different colour schemes of the various sections of the forum. Here in OOTW, for instance, the "previous thread | next thread" links at the bottom of the page are black, which is hard to read against the maroon background, and the text in the margins of the Quick Reply box (i.e. "Show your signature") is too pale to read. Again, I sort of figure this is the sort of stuff Hazel meant when she said you were still working on some of the smaller details.

As far as wishes go, here's one: when you search for something (basic search at least) it comes up with a list of threads, and, like on the old forum, if you click on the thread title or the last post arrow, you go to either the first or the last post in the thread and all instances of your search terms are highlighted. I wonder whether it might be possible to add a third function that would take you to the first hit in that thread, and possibly also the option of cycling through the hits in a given thread once you're there. If that's way beyond the capabilities of the forum software, so be it, but it would be kind of useful.

Comment

Nested quotes.
              Green O's in the forum titles.

Comment

Originally posted by fearful_syzygy View Post
                Originally posted by nikhsub1 View Post
                Yes please!
                All right, well obviously the banners at the top need some tweaking. They're too short, for one thing, it would probably be preferable to come up with something that could repeat laterally, but I presume (perhaps erroneously?) that you're already working on that. Or you could, you know, get rid of them altogether. Like you have with Todd the Out of the Way giraffe.
                Also the font colours don't always go with the different colour schemes of the various sections of the forum. Here in OOTW, for instance, the "previous thread | next thread" links at the bottom of the page are black, which is hard to read against the maroon background, and the text in the margins of the Quick Reply box (i.e. "Show your signature") is too pale to read. Again, I sort of figure this is the sort of stuff Hazel meant when she said you were still working on some of the smaller details.

As far as wishes go, here's one: when you search for something (basic search at least) it comes up with a list of threads, and, like on the old forum, if you click on the thread title or the last post arrow, you go to either the first or the last post in the thread and all instances of your search terms are highlighted. I wonder whether it might be possible to add a third function that would take you to the first hit in that thread, and possibly also the option of cycling through the hits in a given thread once you're there. If that's way beyond the capabilities of the forum software, so be it, but it would be kind of useful.
                Nested quotes.
                Nested quotes? What exactly do you mean?

Comment

When I quote your post, everything you have quoted is left out.

An example of nested quotes would look like this:

Nested quotes.

Comment

When I quote your post, everything you have quoted is left out.

An example of nested quotes would look like this:
                    Sorry not going to happen. I hate nested quotes

Comment

Sorry not going to happen. I hate nested quotes
                      Bastard! Hahahaha.

Comment

All of you iphone peeps I have installed TAPATALK.

Comment

Thanks. Old wine, new wineskin. Or something like that.

Comment

I really like the new design. Thank you to everyone involved.

Nikhsub, is there any chance of extending the amount of time before the system logs someone out? One of the few problems I had with the forum was that I'd write a message, click "submit" only to find that I'd been logged out. It's a minor inconvenience, I know.

Edit: Also, the tooltips you get when you hover over the dot by a poster's name are in French.
                            Last edited by Stencil; 02-24-2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stencil View Post
                              I really like the new design. Thank you to everyone involved.

Nikhsub, is there any chance of extending the amount of time before the system logs someone out? One of the few problems I had with the forum was that I'd write a message, click "submit" only to find that I'd been logged out. It's a minor inconvenience, I know.

Edit: Also, the tooltips you get when you hover over the dot by a poster's name are in French.
                              Yeah, I have to fix the French thing... Make sure you check the 'Remember Me' box when you login.

Comment

Working...
                              X