Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Time in Paris

For the attention of members like *o*:

The UK political discussion programmed "Question Time", where members of the audience are invited to pose questions for a panel of politicians and other "personalities" is going to Paris for a week. I think the Question Time in question (*ahem*) is taking place before out general election, although I wasn't paying attention that closely.

So *o*, if you, Nash, g@rp, or any of the other freaks French members are interested in attending, call the following number:

+449011 114 411

Neither *o*, Nash or g@rp lives in or near Paris, if I'm not much mistaken. Centaure does though, I think.

I'm starting to get really pissed off with Question Time these days. Did you see it tonight? We're supposed to have an election coming up, and who do they get on it? William "tosser" Hague, Robin "um...er" Cook and some screeching harridan from the Green Party. Even the usually dependable Shirley Williams was a bit crap. Two weeks before the election and not one Cabinet or Shadow-Cabinet member on Question Time! For shame!

Still, at least Diane's back on 'This Week'.

Comment

Originally posted by Raminagrobis
      Neither *o*, Nash or g@rp lives in or near Paris, if I'm not much mistaken. Centaure does though, I think...
      So? *o* has involved himself in enough political discussions on here, that a little thing like geography shouldn't stop him. There is also the bonus that he wouldn't have to cross any national borders, and so he need not break the terms of his parole.

Can you imagine Centaure in the audience, though? I will make sure to keep an eye out for a guy who looks like Ming the Merciless with hair, who makes excitable comments, seemingly about something completely different.

...I'm starting to get really pissed off with Question Time these days. Did you see it tonight? We're supposed to have an election coming up, and who do they get on it? William "tosser" Hague, Robin "um...er" Cook and some screeching harridan from the Green Party. Even the usually dependable Shirley Williams was a bit crap...
      Speaking of crap, where did they get this week's audience? Some chav weirdo who didn't get the connection between politics and religion, and the catholic girl. Did you notice her boyfriend sat next to her? They were identical, like clones or something.

Catholic clones. Why not? the Jehovah's Witnesses who come to our each year all look cloned, too, but I thought that they cloned JWs because they were dying out, like cloning rare animals. We hardly need to clone Catholics because there are a billion of them, and they can produce plenty more all by themselves.

...Two weeks before the election and not one Cabinet or Shadow-Cabinet member on Question Time! For shame!...
      I think they might all be hiding following the surprisingly good Paxman interviews. He really is the best, isn't he? Did you see the one with Kennedy? Did you see the "how many illegal immigrants are there in the UK?" question he put to Blair (about 4 times)?? Beautiful.

...Still, at least Diane's back on 'This Week'.
      Yeah, although I don't like that she takes herself so seriously. She isn't involved in the little "Election Fever's In The Air" thing they're doing at the beginning of the show, and looked positively disdainful as Andrew Neil danced onto the set. It's only a bit of fun, and I think its quite amusing.

She laughed when Neil took the piss out of her hair, but it was more "look see I can take a joke" than a real laugh. I suppose she has to be careful at the moment, with her job on the line and things.

Oh yeah, and it pisses me off that Piers Morgan is still making any money. Although as smug, slimey bastards go, I'd rather he got it than Campbell, who has taken a suitably quiet back row seat for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by fatwoul
        I thought that they cloned JWs because they were dying out, like cloning rare animals.
        Good news for them I should have thought. You see what I don't get about Jehova's Witnesses is this: they believe that there is a finite number of places in Heaven, right? But in order to secure one of those places, they have to go around converting others to their faith, 'saving' them from the fires of Hell in other words, which means that there'll be even more people in line for that place. Seems like shooting yourself in the foot if you ask me.

But perhaps that's not the point...

Comment

Last edited by *o*; 02-11-2006, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by *o*
            ...And I suppose they're not even going to be french liars, are they?
            I don't know. But don't you think it would be fun to try to humiliate a British politician anyway? I'd have thought that would be your idea of a holiday.

Someone who believes they are always right arguing with someone who knows with a religious certainty that they are always right.

Comment

Has anyone seen those cartoon songs based around party policies that they have at the end of Newsnight? I've heard of dumbing down, but this. . .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by *o*
                  ...You lost me...
                  That doesn't normally stop you at least trying to think of a clever reply, but clearly there's a first time even for that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by *o*
                      ...simple...
                      Yep, you're right. "Simple" is definitely the word I always think of when if I read one of your posts.

Comment

Comment

Sorry, I can't hear you down there.

Comment

Last edited by *o*; 02-11-2006, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Nope still can't make out what you're saying. Don't suppose it is important though.

Comment

Working...
                              X