Riddle me this...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddle me this...

(a little batman referrance for all you comic fans out there)

With so many codes and riddles in HoL (in general) I though we could start a riddle thread (obviously) to post riddles we know.

See who's the smartest

Anyway, I heard this recently and got it straight away. So it's an easy one to get the ball started:

If the pen is mightier then the sword, which bird is mightier then the Eagle?

Let the head fucks commence...

This is really throwing me off - I can't decide whether you misspelled "than" on purpose or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday
      This is really throwing me off - I can't decide whether you misspelled "than" on purpose or not.
      No.

Im really that bad

Comment

the secretary bird.

Aight...now I tell one...If you've heard this one before, lemme know, but dont give away the answer...lets make the ignoramoose suffer a smidge, n'est ce-pas?

After a forest fire, a man is found dead in the middle of what's left in the forest in SCUBA gear.
        There were no lakes, streams, creeks, or bodies of water large enough to swim in inside the forest prior to its being toasted.
        The man did not die from drwoning, burns, or Carbon Monoxide inhalation...in short, he did not die from fire or water.

How did he die, and how did he end up there?

Comment

Either A. He walked into the forest thinking there was a pool there so he could practise his SCUBA techniques or
          B. He was murdered, dressed in a SCUBA outfit and put there to confound the authorities or
          C. He was doing his SCUBA thing in the ocean and the planes that pick up the water and drop it on forest fires happened to scoop him up with the water so he probably died from massive internal injuries from the fall or he ran out of oxygen on the plane ride.
          Could be one of the three, I'm really not sure. I can't think of a riddle off the top of my head and I have to go so I will post one later if someone doesn't do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mister_pianoman
            the secretary bird.
            Nope. But then, I have a feeling you know that .

I liked your answer better anyway.

Oh, and everyone knows how he got there too :)

We need some HARD ones...

Comment

A boy was about to go on his first date. Since he had never embraced a girl before, he was anxious to learn how to do it. He went to the public library and saw a book entitled How to Hug. He took it home to read, only to be greatly disappointed by it's contents. It gave him no useful tips. Why not?

Comment

So, uh, this died quick...

Comment

So, uh, this died quick...
                  Sometimes they die fast, sometimes they rise to the heavens...

You just gotta roll with the punches

What was the answer to yours by the way?

Comment

A boy was about to go on his first date. Since he had never embraced a girl before, he was anxious to learn how to do it. He went to the public library and saw a book entitled How to Hug. He took it home to read, only to be greatly disappointed by it's contents. It gave him no useful tips. Why not?
                    Is Hug some martial art, or something?

Comment

Dyslexic?

Comment

No hands?

Is the book in some foreign language?

Does Hug mean something else in some foreign language?

Comment

Originally posted by sutrix
                          No hands?

Is the book in some foreign language?

Does Hug mean something else in some foreign language?
                          No no no...

The boy had no EYES. That's it isn't it? He had no eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral_Shanks
                            No no no...

The boy had no EYES. That's it isn't it? He had no eyes?
                            Then how'd he read? Surely if he's blind he won't take a typed book home to read by himself.

Braille, you say? Well, then if he did read the book cause it was Braille, then he surely would know how to hug.

Also, Friday says that the boy saw a book.

Or is there something you know that I don't?

Comment

Oh I get it.
                              Couldn't he just have looked at the last entry though? Or did it not have diagrams?

Comment

Working...
                              X