Clear All

50000 articles is coming in 9 posts...

Our users have posted a total of 49991 articles

Now, there's an interesting detail.

I think this one is 49993.

Comment

And this is post number 50001!

Comment

Should we all be celebrating for this acheivement?

*Reaching for the bottle of champagne.*

What? A recount? 'n00bs'??

*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by sutrix

But the post link for this post (the one I've quoted) tells me it's post number 50411. So what's up?

Comment

But the post link for this post (the one I've quoted) tells me it's post number 50411. So what's up?
            Some posts are not indexed / missing from the UltimateBB to phpBB forum code changeover. Those of us who have been here since... 2003? or before, when "searching for all posts by username" will only turn up most of the posts. It says I only have 428, but, I really have 453.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by *o*
                Originally posted by Ellimist
                when "searching for all posts by username" [...] it says I only have 428, but, I really have 453.
                And it says I have 20683 when I only have 1399.
                Hey, that's pretty big! 20683! Are you sure it's not a typo, or something?

Comment

Comment

There's a lag (I'm guessing of around 410 posts) between actualicty and what the number of posts reported on the front page; it was the same on the old board with the number of members (but that was just 4 behind the actual number).

Comment

Originally posted by *o*
                      Hey, that's pretty big! 20683! Are you sure it's not a typo, or something?
                      Yes, I'm sure. It's caused by the limits of the search function : if you type * it serves as a wildcard for partial matches. Hence if you type *o*, the search function comes up with all the posts whose author's name contains an "o".
                      My posts are untraceable.
                      So did you know this before you chose your username or after?

Comment

Originally posted by Stencil

There's a lag (I'm guessing of around 410 posts) between actualicty and what the number of posts reported on the front page; it was the same on the old board with the number of members (but that was just 4 behind the actual number).
                        Shouldn't there be some way to get around this? Just, you know, subtract that lag from the total and set it right. Or is PHPBB limited with that kind of modification?

Comment

Comment

Shouldn't there be some way to get around this? Just, you know, subtract that lag from the total and set it right. Or is PHPBB limited with that kind of modification?
                            In answer to you questions:

I'm sure there is.

It would be adding, but the lag may vary according to a number of factors (number of posters online; volume of posts at any one time; wind speed).

My knowledge of PHPBB begins and ends with acknowledgment that it exists, so I'm not much help on that front.

And Ellimist, the number of posts returned on a search are those which haven't been deleted. Your post number on the info part reflects all posts you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by Stencil
                              In answer to you questions:

I'm sure there is.
                              Perhaps one of us should tell nikhsub. He may know what to do. I could, but I don't know where to post that query.

Comment

Working...
                              X