Is Johnny Truant a serial killer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Johnny Truant a serial killer?

I have looked (yes, I used the "search" function) and not seen anyone else suggest, that another horror lurking in the of leaves , may be that JT is a serial killer. More than once while reading the book (my first time, just read last week) I was struck by off hand comments in the book that seemed to suggest prostitutes are being killed. Johnny also expresses some instances of horror where he disassociates himself from what he is witnessing/feeling/doing regarding some of his aquaintances who work in and around prostitution. Factor in that serial killers typically have had experiences with Mothers who have abused or neglected them. I am left wondering if we are witnessing his final descent into madness fueled by his obviously messed up, convoluted, and confusing personal history, and exposure to Zampano's writings (real or imagined?). The real horror here is that Johnny doesn't even know who or what he is. The real enigma, riddle to be solved is who and what is Johnny?
    Be gentle with me, it's my first post.

Re: Is Johnny Truant a serial killer?

I guess, since he doesn't exist, he can be whatever you want him to be.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Nice thread on the French forum here. On the offchance that you don't read French, I'm sure you know how to use babelfish.

Perhaps your thread would get more reponses if you posted it in the correct forum.

Having said that, I second fatwoul's 'welcome to the forum'.

Comment

Wow! I am as tripped out now as ever! The babelfish does a fairly weak job of translating. I think I know another translator to try. But I got enough to realize how on to something I am now. Of course all of the references to the Zodiac, etc....some many of the footnotes are noted with astrological signs. And the "pieces" "pisces" problem...the Taurus (bull/minotaur) connection, and some many other refereneces. I'll be busy the rest of the night with this now and here I was just trying to start reading HOL again for the second time to take notes! It is driving me insane!

Comment

Oh, and also....which forum in English do you suggest I post to with the "JT may be a serial killer" idea?

Comment

Originally posted by pwhite
            ...I second fatwoul...
            Ha. Ha. Ha?

Originally posted by J9
            Oh, and also....which forum in English do you suggest I post to with the "JT may be a serial killer" idea?
            JT is a character from a book called of Leaves. You could try posting about him in that forum.

Comment

Originally posted by fatwoul
              JT is a character from a book called of Leaves. You could try posting about him in that forum.
              I thought he was an editor :?:

Comment

Working...
              X