Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

But who needs a Movie Plot Generator when we have . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But who needs a Movie Plot Generator when we have . . .

Query Letters I Love?

Stand/sit slack-jawed in amazement as you read these and you contemplate what the writers of these letters consider Entertainment--never mind Art.

Be sure to browse the Archives.

Originally posted by some idiot
    the story could be described as a kind of less-expensive Indiana Jones-type of adventure through a Crocodile Dundee prism.
    Sounds like the much-touted HoL movie has found its screenwriter and guru...

Comment

The author of that blog seems to think this is a ridiculous idea for a movie:

Set in the 21st century, the Tripods have conquered Earth and enslaved the human race by implanting a mind-controlling device in the heads of everyone over fifteen.
      but anyone who saw the utterly fantastic and terrifying BBC series 'The Tripods' in the 80s would know that this is a brilliant idea for a movie, and not at all ridiculous. The programme used to scare the shit out of me (and I know le_theope is with me on this one). Mind you, I haven't seen it since I was about 8.

Can't wait for the remake, it's bound to be a massive disappointment. Can't see it listed 'in production' on the imdb though...

Comment

Hey !We had it in Frogland too ! It was scary as hell...Is there a video/dvd available ? (like Neverwhere, btw?)

Comment

All I can figure is that the fellow doesn't know about the series, much less its scariness. I have to admit that it certainly sounds strange to me, though (full disclosure) I didn't know there had been a series, either.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnB
            full disclosure
            irrelevantly, this is the title of a great song by fugazi.

Comment

Originally posted by pwhite
              but anyone who saw the utterly fantastic and terrifying BBC series 'The Tripods' in the 80s would know that this is a brilliant idea for a movie, and not at all ridiculous. The programme used to scare the shit out of me...
              Yes that was good wasn't it? I think I must have been about five or six, but I can still remember watching it. I'm sure we have the whole thing on video somewhere. With Icelandic subtitles.
              I'd forgotten that they'd changed the name, though, from The White Mountains to The Tripods, which is a little bit naff, you must admit.

Still, a great series, and one for the 80's.... list, methinks, (which should really be moved Out of the Way).

Comment

Can't wait for the remake, it's bound to be a massive disappointment. Can't see it listed 'in production' on the imdb though...
                I read somewhere else that Tripods was in production, though I'm pinning my hopes on a film version of Bodger and Badger. . . .

Comment

Everybody knows, Bodger loves...

MASHED POTATOES!!!

(Or was it badger?)

Comment

I think it was badger, though, time having played it's tricks on me, I'm unsure which one is which (could it be badger who bodges his work and a bloke whose name just happens to be Badger?)

Comment

but anyone who saw the utterly fantastic and terrifying BBC series 'The Tripods' in the 80s would know that this is a brilliant idea for a movie...
                      I second that. I never saw all of it, but what little I did see was quite well off compared to the other Sci-Fi trash coming out.

Comment

Working...
                      X