Originally posted by Who is Online
    Of Leaves Forum Index
    Username Last Updated Forum Location
    There is 1 Registered user and 1 Hidden user online
    ashisatree Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:24 am Viewing Private Messages
    There is 1 Guest user online
    Guest Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:23 am Viewing Private Messages
    How is that even possible?

I think "Guest" just means "hasn't logged in yet." I guess that the guest selected "Priv. Msgs" from Navigation, and when the site checked who was doing what the guest was in the process of logging in.

Comment

Originally posted by Stencil
      I think "Guest" just means "hasn't logged in yet." I guess that the guest selected "Priv. Msgs" from Navigation, and when the site checked who was doing what the guest was in the process of logging in.
      I'll log out of my account for a while and browse as a guest. Could you check if you get the same info as well? (And I don't know, that Guest was viewing his private messages for more than ten minutes.)

Comment

No, that guest is still checking PMs; perhaps when you just go to your Inbox, you're not considered actually on the board (since you're not reading it nor are you posting).

Let a guy/girl read their PMs in peace sutrix!

GUEST WHO WAS READING PMs UPDATE: They are now in the HoL forum. Bored? Moi?

LOGIC OF ARGUMENT UPDATE: That means that my theory has a considerable HoLe in it.

Comment

Actually when you go to your inbox you're Who is Online shows you as reading private messages on your membername.

And also, while I was a guest and checking who was online, I was shown being on that Who is Online page as well.

Perhaps the Guest was... ahem, uh, Forum Ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by sutrix
            Perhaps the Guest was... ahem, uh, Forum Ghost. ...
            Seriously guys! Enough with the ghost talk!

Comment

No guests are reading PM's... it is a fluke in the way phpBB reports what people are doing... BTW, these are likely google spiders anyway and they can not get to PM's without login info. Look what I just saw when I went to the admin panel, notice the IP of 66.249.66.234? Now click the link below and see who it belongs to

http://network-tools.com/default.asp...=66.249.66.234

http://www.netbetty.com/H20/guest.gif

Comment

Google!

You know, I find the idea of the googlebot spidering our posts spookier than a guest viewing private messages.

Comment

Consider yourself Googled.

Royally.

Comment

nice first post.

Comment

I wish googlebots really were spiders. Tiny robot spiders. That would be ace.

Comment

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/5...essages8ef.jpg

Comment

K sutrix:
                          Originally posted by God here
                          No guests are reading PM's... it is a fluke in the way phpBB reports what people are doing... BTW, these are likely google spiders anyway
                          So you can go wash the urine out of your pants, and quit crying now.

Comment

I know what nikh said, I was just testing my imageshack out. Also note the difference in 's color in nikh's and my image.

(And I only have nocturnal emissions, not in the day. zakalwe will--reluctantly--vouch for that.)

Comment

Im still confused... :(

Comment

Working...
                              X