Clear All

• Clip 4 - Black Clock

Info:
    http://blackclock.org/issues/2012/issue-15/

Purchase:
    http://blackclock.org/where-to-buy/

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/blac...black+clock+15

..aaaand downloaded. :)

One page in to Clip 4 and loving it already.
    Last edited by Ellimist; 03-14-2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Ellimist is right. The first page is brilliant. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Edit: Going to save the rest until I'm finished with 1Q84. Less than 200 pages to go.
      Last edited by heartbreak; 03-14-2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I now know what happens when you take , The Fifty Year Sword and The Promise of Meaning and mix it all Navidson Recordy in a blender. [The reports of Clip 5 being banned from YouTube are greatly exaggerated. B.C.]

Comment

So how long is Clip 4 itself?

I'm sure it's worth the $3, I'm just trying to justify $17 plus p&p ...

Comment

23 pages (20, not counting the title collage and epigraph page).

Edit: the rest of the magazine is pretty cool too. The fake/alternative-reality film posters in particular are neat. And, of course, MZD's influence can be felt elsewhere, e.g. on p. 10 in Anthony Miller's "A History of the Cinema 1920-2014" (which, like the film posters, is really an alternative history of the cinema) where we read "Darc’s The Zoo is hailed as a masterpiece and draws comparisons to Griffith, Gance, Sarre, Eisenstein and Tod Browning, but remains unseen."
            Last edited by fearful_syzygy; 03-19-2012, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cacullus View Post
              So how long is Clip 4 itself?

I'm sure it's worth the $3, I'm just trying to justify $17 plus p&p ...
              B&N has it for almost half that price (see Hazel's link above) . . .why pay more?

Comment

Originally posted by marsjams13 View Post
                B&N has it for almost half that price (see Hazel's link above) . . .why pay more?
                Right, thats it. Ordered from The Book Depositary - the cheapest option for the UK. Although that does mean I will have to wait a few days, rather than have the pdf instantly.

Comment

Finally got around to finishing this story... I loved it. About half-way through, I felt a bit bored, like some of the tedious parts of HoL. But the last third of it was really well done and enjoyable.

Comment

I loved the little self-referential moments, especially those that refer to things that don't, technically, exist yet.

Les CHATS de Maldoror for example

Comment

I ordered this a couple of days ago, still anxiously waiting it's arrival. Finished awhile back and am really craving some more of Mark's work.

Finished this up now, really great piece. I especially liked the Don't Look Back references.
                      Last edited by The Truth; 04-23-2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Don't know how I slept on this for so long, but my physical copy just came today!

It's all wrong to do, but I definitely do feel a little bit of joy when I open a MZD something and see a bunch of colors looking back at me.

Good to see that Start a War quote by the National leading off Clip 4. About time I saw eye to eye on MZD on music that is really great.

Comment

hey dude, you need to update the bibliography sec of your website....

Comment

Working...
                          X