X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text

All the Lights of Midnight by Mark Z. Danielewski...

Published in Issue 37 of Conjunctions Magazine.

Thank you, fearful_syzygy, for allowing us all to read it.

The file is in the attachment.
    Last edited by Ellimist; 04-23-2010, 08:20 AM.

Thanks!

(I was gonna type BUMP instead of thanks, just for kicks.)

Comment

I just read this. Thanks for posting it.

I was taking the musical perception test, which led me to start looking more closely at "AtLoM." I avoided it for the first couple weeks because I was so busy with other stuff. Yesterday I found the time. It's very interesting. I also wondered why the forum chose to discuss this story at length, and yet the other article by MZD (The Most Wonderous Book of All) you posted hasn't been commented on to any real extent.

Comment

Originally posted by poco locomotive
        I also wondered why the forum chose to discuss this story at length, and yet the other article by MZD (The Most Wonderous Book of All) you posted hasn't been commented on to any real extent.
        It's because 'The Most Wondrous Book of All' was posted on the forums and discussed years ago, but 'All The Lights of Midnight' has only recently been made (digitally) available.

It's also because ATLOM is much better and more interesting than that other thing.

Comment

I edited the original post with an onsite file for the actual story. Enjoy.

Comment

I don't get it. What's different/new? Both those files look the same to me. maybe I'm missing something...?

Comment

haha.

It is a mirror.

A backup.

A copy.

An extraneous file in case the link goes down.

Comment

Speaking of which, it would probably be a good idea for everyone here to host the file on another site of their choosing, just in case there's some impossible disaster that wipes nearly every copy of All the Lights of Midnight out of existence.

Comment

Haha. It is on my computer, too, as well as a printed copy.

and it remains in libraries and in print around the world. I am not too worried.

Comment

I've got a printed out version too.

I actually emailed bookforum today to see if they have any copies available for backorder. I hope they do. It's tje only thing my MZD collection is currently missing.

Comment

You mean the Riddle, right?

Isn't that a copy of Conjunctions 37 I see on your shelf?

Comment

Yeah. I was thinking about The Most Wonderous Book of All, which I did, in fact, email bookforum about yesterday.

I do still have my original copy of All the Lights that I printed out however long ago, though.

Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

any info on how to obtain a copy of this conjuctions issue?

Comment

Amazon have it.

Comment

I checked amazon before asking, and since then have checked several times and can't find this. Can someone link me to somewhere I can purchase this? I contacted the conjuctions website but get no reply.

Comment

Working...
                              X