Congratulations and possible discussions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations and possible discussions

Congratulations to the winners. There was some tough competition. Well done.

My personal favorite was this entry by hello?.

I thought it was very unique and completely nailed the Creep.

I think now that the contest is done it would be cool if people wanted to discuss their entries or if people have questions about the entries of the artists. Hopefully they'll stick around and not be one post wonders.

Congratulations once again to the winners.

Yes, congratulations everyone.

Hello?'s entry was my favorite too. I was suprised it didn't garner and official acknowledgement. Very unlike all of the other entries.

I'm eager to see how/if the winning entry will be implemented in the paperback version.

Again, congratulations everyone, and great job to everyone who submitted something.

Comment

Mine was SplndidHorror's.

Comment

I was rooting for Demon Allie, m'self.

What I REALLY wanted to enter in the contest was a scene of Sam and Hailey on a bike, drawn almost entirely with spirograph loops. But I couldn't find a decent spirograph anywhere and then the contest ended. I think I'll still make it, though. This contest isn't over, even if it is closed!

Comment

I'd be interested to see it, if you do end up making it.

I don't disagree with the choice they made on the art, I think FieryAden's piece was great. But I liked the disqualified piece the best. The "powers that be" mentioned that it was a flip-poster, I wonder if I can get a hold of that...

Did anyone else submit a reader's guide? Given that there wasn't a runner-up in that category, I wouldn't be too surprised if there weren't.
          Last edited by juxtapolemic; 03-21-2007, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juxtapolemic
            I'd be interested to see it, if you do end up making it.

I don't disagree with the choice they made on the art, I think FieryAden's piece was great. But I liked the disqualified piece the best. The "powers that be" mentioned that it was a flip-poster, I wonder if I can get a hold of that...

Did anyone else submit a reader's guide? Given that there wasn't a runner-up in that category, I wouldn't be too surprised.
            Yeah, i'm with you. If Tyler Martin hadn't DQed himself it would have been a really tough call.

The reader's guide must have taken quite some time. congrats.

Comment

Yeah, an essay on The Sun Also Rises was turned in late due to my work on it. But it was fun. Thanks.

Comment

Congratulations to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by juxtapolemic
                  Yeah, an essay on The Sun Also Rises was turned in late due to my work on it.
                  Well, the sun rises, sooner or later. It's anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by marsjams13
                    Well, the sun rises, sooner or later. It's Only Revolutions anyway.
                    Ah! I see what you did there.

Comment

I've been looking forward to a discussion thread since this contest began. I can understand why the staff had such a hard time judging the entries; there are so many that are strong in their own right. It's fascinating to see so many interpretations of the novel. I agree with the top choices listed so far. They really are quite excellent. Although I am hardly dissatisfied with the results (understandably), I share your sentiments that it truly was a tough call. Hello's rendition of the Creep was spot-on, and I was almost certain that it would receive recognition. It goes without saying, but Demon Allie's painting is beautiful, and Odessa's style is unlike anything I've seen before. I was impressed by Tyler Martin's poster, and the cartoon-styled Sam and Hailey. Since no one has mentioned it yet, I was especially found of Cald's abstract model. Nevar's playing cards were also a cool concept. I could go on, but this is getting too long as it is. To conclude, great work and congratulations to the other winners.

Comment

What a gracious winner! Kudos to you, and congratulations as well. I hope you'll give us a peek at your signed library... and that goes for you, too, juxtapolemic!

Comment

I doubt I'll be able to resist. I've been meaning to post a picture of my furiously scribbled-on copy of OR which led to the reader's guide in the first place. I'll be glad to have another copy that I can read without the distraction of insurgent ink.

I should have made this mention before, but I'd like to mention how thankful and grateful I am to all of you who have shared your ideas of OR on this forum. Many of your insights helped me formulate my bundle of personal notes on the novel into the formidable order in which it exists now. It would be much less without you all. (y'all?)

Thank you all.

Comment

Yay winners!

I've been completely intriqued by the competition, as I can't think of any harder pair of horny teenage time-transients to recreate, regardless of media or demension.

So many peices have strong points that should have put them up at the top of the competition, if not for sheer technical execution(Aden so obviously knows how to make his pencils his bitches), then for the ability to pull something awesomely creative from out his or her arse (I now find myself craving a game of Spades with Nevar's playing cards). Also the Photography was amazing, and I do find Cald's copulating sculpture geometricly titilating.

So, what's our next project?

Comment

well done to the winners and everyone else who participated.

Comment

Working...
                              X