X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sam and hailey pictures?

I was web surfing for more info or fansites on , when i found these two apparent 'pictures' of Sam and Hailey:

http://www.markzdanielewski.info/SBio.html

http://www.markzdanielewski.info/HBio.html

Do they have any validity? Or are they just fan inspired theories?

Heh. Those are Exploration Z's inspired images of Sam and Hailey. Simple as that.

Obviously based on the text of the book. I imagined Sam as white until that one phrase: "negroid boy." There is other evidence as well.

Good thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellimist
      Heh. Those are Exploration Z's inspired images of Sam and Hailey. Simple as that.

Obviously based on the text of the book. I imagined Sam as white until that one phrase: "negroid boy." There is other evidence as well.

Good thread.
      That may be but page Sam 102 the Heel Commissioner says "we don't administer to her kind"?

Personally, i interpret 'races' in OR as something really indefinite.
      Last edited by Chiu Mun-Jun; 07-01-2007, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Because the Creep is purple?

Comment

Originally posted by Ellimist
          Because the Creep is purple?
          yes
          Last edited by Chiu Mun-Jun; 07-01-2007, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I never really even though about putting a face to either one of them. I was sort of afraid to look at these pictures, hoping they were not MZD's actual ideas. When I was reading this book I actually just pictured myself as Sam, and my best friend as Hailey. We actually have always said "we are the dream!" so when I read that in the book it was pretty cool.

Race also never came to mind. They are the compass of all that is. I found them to be transcendental when it comes to race, religion, and everything, really.

I don't think it is necessary to put pictures to Sam&Hailey but to each his own.

Comment

Sam and Hailey, as far as I'm concerned, are a constantly changing entity. I do not think Sam is black any more than he is white.

Mikelisse, I actually ended up doing the same thing. While reading I saw Sam looking like myself, and Hailey a best friend.

Cool.

Comment

This has been one of my thoughts as well. They are allone...all one. All people are one.

Comment

I thought the idea of allone took a more direct form when at one point them, or some people, when they were calling sam and hailey a big list of randomly assorted slurs.

Comment

I always perceived them as all races, and no race, just existing. If that makes sense.

Comment

I've allways imagine their face mooooving (like a kind of morphing effect, you know?) except one thing : their eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by g@rp
                        I've allways imagine their face mooooving (like a kind of morphing effect, you know?) except one thing : their eyes.
                        thats good, and quotable!

Comment

garp, that was awesome! (Sorry, it won't let me post a at symbol!)

I personally saw them differently depending on who's side I was reading. In one Hailey was confident and in control and the other, Sam was fierce and steady.

Comment

Originally posted by MissDelial
                            garp, that was awesome! (Sorry, it won't let me post a at symbol!)

I personally saw them differently depending on who's side I was reading. In one Hailey was confident and in control and the other, Sam was fierce and steady.
                            you mean g@rp?

Comment

New users with less than 15 posts cannot post email addresses or links (to fight spammers who join just to post spamlinks).

Comment

Working...
                              X