X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about ARCs

Would it be possible for someone with an ARC to post a picture of it?

And also, are all of the ARCs signed?

And does anyone know how many ARCs went out?

All the ARCs aren't signed, no.

Comment

Originally posted by nicolae
      Would it be possible for someone with an ARC to post a picture of it?

And does anyone know how many ARCs went out?
      The ARC is simply a black and white paperback version of the released version, it has a cover that looks like the dust jacket of the released version, it says "Advance Reader's Edition" across the top.

No.

Less then 60. 60 were planned but some people didn't respond to emails, or had defunct emails, so they never were sent one. I think Mark said about 50 actually went out.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

To clarify, less than 60 went out to forum members. We have no idea how many went out to people in the publishing industry.

Comment

Originally posted by nicolae
            no, but they can be.

Comment

Terribly sorry about the lengths... but here we go:

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

You put that last photo in just to boast, didn't you?

heartbreak, post a photo of all your editions. Now!

Comment

Yeah, did you manage to get them all signed?

Ellimist, do you have something against Hailey?

Comment

LOL allright...

yes i did get them all signed, it was funny, i had waited off to the side till the line had cleared, it got down to about five people when I got inline, Mark looked up from the book he was signing saw my stack of books, and remarked "Oh God..." Then when I got up there some of his friends had been standing around and had asked me what they all were, and then one of them asked Mark "How well do you know your own books?" I thanked Mark for the ARC and for using my voice on RoR. He asked me who he was. I told him. Then he had gotten through my three copies of OR, the uk hol the full color, the french, italian, and he was signing the japanese I think, when he said "I bet you don't have the Serbian Croatian edition?" to which I replied "You mean this one, and pulled it out of the remaining stack. He laughed, and I told him how I just had to Western Union the money and hope the book was sent. Then he asked, "What about the greek one?" And I had to say that that was the only one I didn't have, but it would be coming soon thanks to fearful helping with the translation. I had just told him to sign them, he didn't need to personalize each one, just because there were so many and all his friends were waiting on him. He did however draw a few pictures, and signed the UK "For you" which was cool.

Edit: Oh yah, Mark has a sarcastic streak in him that is just awesome.
                      Last edited by heartbreak; 09-22-2006, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Because you should allways do what a person holding a flaming match tells you to here you go sutrix

Edit: I suppose I should tell you what is there, from left to right, blue hard back, red hard back, full color hard back, japanese hard back, paper back blue first printing, uk paperback, dutch paper back (possibly first, i'm not sure), french paper back, serbian croatian paper back, Italian paper back, the whalestoe letters, The Fifty Year Sword, US OR, UK OR, ARC OR, on top is a full color paper back. The blue hard back, and red hard back are ones that were issued with the tipped in page signed with a blue Z, The Whalestoe letters, is one that was signed on the Borders tour, and The Fifty Year Sword is 1/51. All the rest were signed at the signing in LA.
                        Last edited by heartbreak; 09-22-2006, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by heartbreak
                            Because you should allways do what a person holding a flaming match tells you to here you go sutrix

Edit: I suppose I should tell you what is there, from left to right, blue hard back, red hard back, full color hard back, japanese hard back, paper back blue first printing, uk paperback, dutch paper back (possibly first, i'm not sure), french paper back, serbian croatian paper back, Italian paper back, the whalestoe letters, The Fifty Year Sword, US OR, UK OR, ARC OR, on top is a full color paper back. The blue hard back, and red hard back are ones that were issued with the tipped in page signed with a blue Z, The Whalestoe letters, is one that was signed on the Borders tour, and The Fifty Year Sword is 1/51. All the rest were signed at the signing in LA.
                            that is a beautiful sight.

Comment

holy shit, heartbreak.

i am so not worthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X