No announcement yet.

Expectations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 'there is a parcel for you to pick up' forms put through my door Friday. I was there as the sorting office opened this morning. thinking today is the day, I have the whole weekend reading ahead...... a walking dead comic and a Bill Hicks poster later, still waiting

Still the Walking Dead comic was fab.

Comment

• Originally posted by julie
      Does anyone else living fairly close to (or in) New England not get theirs? This distance thing is really starting to get puzzling. Then again, it might be due to the batches and when we answered the PM ( and I was slow on that one...
      Well, i'm in ON and i recieved mine on Thursday, but i think i was one of the first to respond, so i'm sure that's just the first batch. The only question is how many days between batches?

Comment

• Originally posted by marsjams13
        Well, i'm in ON
        -tario that is?

Ok, that's not so bad, if we take the batches in consideration

And I know there is no delivery on the weekends, but are the packages still moving and they just wait for monday morning to make them available? (Yes, there are a lot of things I don't know about the postal system....I don't use it very often.) (And I am aware of my horrible syntax )

Comment

• tario indeed.

i don't think Canada post moves anything on weekends, but i'm not sure about UPS, etc. They may.

Comment

• Leastways none of you have to wait until Easter. I just found out about this shindig last night, and kindly requested the package ship to my home address (as there have been people arrested for stealing, and packages unrecieved at my college mail room). Dear Ma thinks I'll be coming home to see her, but we know the real reason...

Comment

• Originally posted by fearful_syzygy
              All right, all right. The so-called "spoiler" has now been hidden. You can come out from behind the sofa now.
              I have emerged from behind the couch, finally. I didn't expect to take so long! Eh well. Now though, you will all be subjected to my merciless bumping of threads, only to express half-sentences of rambling.

Originally posted by heartbreak
              On a good note though, the package in the office was a signed copy of The Whalestoe Letters that I had purchased.
              Didja get a tree?

Comment

• Originally posted by MicheleVR5

Didja get a tree?

A tree? *looks curious* Not that I know of...

Comment

• i think she was referring to something like this

Comment

• Originally posted by marsjams13
                    i think she was referring to something like this

O. Wow! Nah, nothing remotely that cool, just a signed "z" dated and marked "Border's Tour", picked it up off of abebooks.

Comment

• Found while surfing on the net:

- : a Novel - Mark Danielewski
                      Erm.. maybe I'll pass.. [not much a fan of history-related read]

- The Whalestoe Letters - Mark Danielewski
                      This sounds like chic lit.. but wait.. it's the same author as above!

Comment

• I can't wait to read this book. This wing of the forum is forbidden fruit as of yet, but I can't wait to delve into everything. From the number of threads it looks like there will be plenty of mysteries to unwind. I expect a challenging and rewarding read, but the ante has been upped thanks to HOL.

Originally posted by fearful_syzygy
                        No, definitely. Posts such as this always make me uneasy (in fact, I hadn't realised that Slow Dog wasn't in on this whole show; is it too late to nominate him?)...
                        I appreciate that f_s.

Comment

• Welcome SDN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Truant View Post
                            I expect to be very frustrated until my copy of this book arrives. I expect to be avoiding the first impressions thread for the next week or two. I expect that sooner or later I'm not going to be able to return to this forum until my book arrives, in fear that others will start in-depth discussion of topics I have yet to understand. It isn't like said discussion doesn't already take place. I still don't quite get the whole point of that other Danielewski book, which was entirely written by Wembley Ruse.
                            The odds of a response are probably low, this being an eleven year old post at this point, But your post is the only mention on the entire forum the search engine found for "Wembley Ruse". I had been hoping to find some discussion on "A Prediction" considering Willow Ruse of Clip 4 and her many names, but this might be more interesting.
                            What book is it that was it written by Wembley Ruse? The exploration Z site mentions unpublished works that can be found in the library of congress copyright page but the link they have doesn't seem to work, is this one of those? or are you talking about the short story?

Comment

• You can find the list of works by searching that site but you have to search by author and then do last name then first name. I couldn't find a Wembley ruse listed there however. At least it under MZDs name

Comment

• So having looked at the Copyright catalogue, I have to say I am still unclear about what you mean.
                                There are no works attributed to Wembly Ruse, and all of MZD's unpublished works appear to be screenplays( and speaking of screenplays apparently The Redwood story was also a screenplay). The only pseudonyms attributed to MZD are MZD and Tagart Chiclitz(Johnny, Zampano, Wyrhta and Pelafina are listed as separate entities interestingly enough.).
                                So was the book written by Wembly you were talking about this short story?; http://markzdanielewski.info/wembley.html
                                If not, I would very much love to know about the book you were talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X