X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by po-m
    Anyhoo, as long as Britney fucking Spears is in there shaking her ass somewhere it would be a damn fine film, eh? Anybody? No?
    The dead prostitute, perhaps.

Comment

I think Kevin Spacey is the only American actor with enough gall to play Navy.
      He could do the part, but I don't see him looking anything like I picture Navy.
      Johnny Depp is a pretty talented actor, but he's been sucking a lot lately.
      Like when?
      I see Kathy Bates being Pelafina for some reason..or that lady who played the mother on Requiem for a Dream...what was her name?...
      Kathy Bates - no.
      Ellen Burstyn would be good, but she might be too old for that part. And besides, using her in this movie, along with Requiem would ultimately detract from both films, I think.
      Anyhoo, as long as Britney fucking Spears is in there shaking her ass somewhere it would be a damn fine film, eh? Anybody? No?
      She should take Tom's place when he is getting "eaten" by the . Heh.

But I agree that they should all be played by unkowns. However, in keeping with casting people we've heard of:

Pelafina: Annette Bening
      Zampano: Michael Caine
      JT: MZD - I don't care if he can act. He looks like how I pictured Johnny while reading, before I had ever seen his picture.
      Navy: George Clooney
      Karen: Cate Blanchett
      Tom: Vince Vaughn
      Daisy: Ariel Gade
      Chad: Rory Culkin
      Lude: Christian Bale
      Thumper: Natalie Portman
      Kyrie: Kiera Knightley
      Gdansk Man: Chris Klein

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot: I don't like Kevin Spacey.

I've done this list once, but what the hell:

Pelafina: Robin Williams from Mrs. Doubtfire
        Zampano: Ben Kingsley
        JT: Edward Norton
        Navy: David Duchovny
        Karen: Cate Blanchett or Ash
        Tom: Michael Madsen (heh)
        Daisy: anyone
        Chad: anyone
        Lude: Giovani Ribisi (heh)
        Thumper: Naomi Watts
        Kyrie: Jessica Biel
        Johnnie: Pamela Anderson
        Gdansk Man: Ray Liotta (he's old, I know, but he'll do the don't-fuck-with-me act like no one else)
        Flaze: Arnie

Comment

I think Kevin Spacey is the only American actor with enough gall to play Navy. Johnny Depp is a pretty talented actor
          Kevin Spacey and Johnny Depp have both proved themselves to be fantastic and highly entertaining actors, but I think they are just too well known. It would just be silly

Comment

Originally posted by sutrix
            Zampano: Ben Kingsley
            I like that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Katatonic
              po-m wrote:
              Johnny Depp is a pretty talented actor, but he's been sucking a lot lately.

Like when?
              I really didn't like him in that Stephen King flick and Willy Wonka looks like it's going to be sheer crap. (I'm going anyway)
              Originally posted by Katatonic
              po-m wrote:
              I see Kathy Bates being Pelafina for some reason..or that lady who played the mother on Requiem for a Dream...what was her name?...

Kathy Bates - no.
              Ellen Burstyn would be good, but she might be too old for that part. And besides, using her in this movie, along with Requiem would ultimately detract from both films, I think.
              Ellen Burstyn! That woman is never too old. I think having her in this movie would detract less than having a recognized mainstream actor play the role. She's kind of known to play those sorts of parts.

The dead prostitute, perhaps.
              Hooray!!! So, the NEWS, the bloody NEWS announced that she's giving birth to twins! She's breeding in litters! It's worse than we ever expected! That's got to be the third sign of the apocalypse or something.

About the rest of the cast...It's a rule in Hollywood to have one headlining star. Whoever that may be wil determine how the thing will turn out. My vote is definitely with Edward Norton over Tom Cruise.

<----- Me praying this thing never actually happens.

Comment

I really didn't like him in that Stephen King flick and Willy Wonka looks like it's going to be sheer crap. (I'm going anyway)
                Nah - Wily Wonka is going to be fucking brilliant.
                Tim Burton. And Johnny Depp... Just... Brilliant.

Ellen Burstyn! That woman is never too old. I think having her in this movie would detract less than having a recognized mainstream actor play the role.
                She is a mainstream actress. She was in Ya-ya for chrissakes.
                And yes, she is too old. She looks to be early-seventies. And Pelafina died in her early 50s.

She's kind of known to play those sorts of parts.
                That was my point.

Comment

I meant she's known to play indie parts and that she is never too old in my book to rock. *shudder* ya-ya...*cringe*

Comment

I liked Ya-ya. Not great, by any means, but I found it entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by katatonic
                      Nah - Wily Wonka is going to be fucking brilliant.
                      Tim Burton. And Johnny Depp... Just... Brilliant.

i'd like to agree, but, i have major doubts on the fact.

Comment

Personally, I'm eager for the new movie, it being titled after the book, and more closely based on it (from what I can tell; which may mean that they't simply held true to a completely different list of details, but I'm really wondering if we'll get to see the square candies that look round. I'd love that).

katatonic; that's a really interesting list of actors, I just have one problem: The roles of Navy and Tom need to be played by two actors that at least look similar. Two of these four, for example: Aaron Eckhart, Thomas Jane, Christopher Lambert, James Purefoy

Selected, of course, for the two that could also look approximately the same age. Lambert, might be a little old, but Jane would probably do well as a sibling.

Comment

They are only fraternal twins, though, i.e. non-identical, and I've seen some twins that don't look anything alike. Plus I don't exactly see Jacob and Esau as being particularly similar; that's the whole point, surely?

Edit: none of which is to say that it wouldn't make sense to cast two similar looking actors, since it might be a bit awkward trying to explain to the audience why these two guys that are totally dissimilar are actually twins...

Comment

I think Navy, Zampano, Johnny and Pelafina should be played by the same actor.

Comment

I think Navy, Zampano, Johnny and Pelafina should be played by the same actor.
                              it's gotta be eddie murphy- like in "the klumps"

Comment

Or Jim Carrey as in Lemony Snickets.

Wait... that's spooky.

Comment

Working...
                                X