Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
HoLA: Week 9 (July 17-23) pages 423-528 (106 pages)-Post here from July 24th on Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoLA: Week 9 (July 17-23) pages 423-528 (106 pages)-Post here from July 24th on

of Leaves Again: The 2009 Re-Read!

This discussion begins Friday, July 24th over pages 423-528 (106 pages).

Don't forget to cite the page numbers you reference and quote people in posts.

No spoilers allowed, please. This means that no material in this thread should reference things outside pages already read.

Because we have to make this restriction, you may have already guessed, the rest of the forum does not take this precaution. To my knowledge, these re-read threads are the only spoiler-free areas of the forums.

The book Navidson takes with him on his journey (Exploration #5, I think), " Of Leaves" (p. 465) is 736 pages long (p. 467) and fits in his pocket (p. 438). Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellimist
      The book Navidson takes with him on his journey (Exploration #5, I think), "<font color=#0C5FF0></font> Of Leaves" (p. 465) is 736 pages long (p. 467) and fits in his pocket (p. 438). Ha.
      It's like those photographically-reduced editions of the Bible that the astronauts on the Apollo missions took with them. That, or Navy is wearing Captain Kangaroo's jacket.

But imagine a truly pocket-sized edition of this book. THERE'D be something for Random to get to work on: "Get the edition that Navidson has!!"

Comment

haha I never noticed that before. Its pocket sized. So not only is there the question of how the hell does Navidson have the very book he is in but how the hell does something that size fit in his pocket. I mean I've always felt overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information the book holds for the size it is but then to consider a pocket size. It's mind boggling. I love it.

Comment

On page 438, it says "stuffs into his pockets." for the items including the book.

I am not sure if that is significant.

Comment

Working...
          X