Spoiler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler

In the Exploration #5, where Navidson is reading HoL, it is 736 pages long. My copy (Blue) is only 709. Navidson has a different copy then. is it the 1st edition? Red and Blue and Braille and the whole bit?

Spoiler

I don't think Navidson is reading his own of Leaves. There was a discussion not long ago about this. Search " of Leaves"--i know it will pop up with a lot of answers but this was a recent topic and it discussed whether or not Navidson was reading perhaps a collection of poetry or something... maybe someone else can remember when that happened so they can be more specific than I...?

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: RighteousEgo ]

Comment

Spoiler

Thanks RighteousEgo, but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm positive he isn't reading HoL, but I'm curious why they got the number of pages wrong, and wanted to see if it matched any of the other edtions. I figure it should match the super deluxe edition. Maybe it's not supposed to match up, and MZD has me measuring of Leaves, trying to get it to add up right.

As to what he was really reading, go look at the photographs of Zampano's work. Zampano never specified the book. I think he left it up to the reader to decide. Johnny decided HoL. Also notice that it was johnny who arranged that chapter like that (with the passages in corners and such).

Comment

Spoiler

I think if you look through the boards more thoroughly you'll see that in a couple of previous discussions it was determined that the higher number would include the stuff that is missing in the appendices in "our" edition of the book.

Comment

Spoiler

try including all of the pages that aren't numbered... guess what you get...

Comment

Spoiler

yes, and also the pages marked with the roman numerals, i dont belive that they are counted in the 709, so add those in. but anyway, the strange part is eiither he is reading the version not just by Z about himself, but also the part johnny has edited. but i also believe that johnny did add in the title on that page, because if you look through the pics of Z's original pages at the end, there is no of Leaves.

rrr i tried to make in blue but could not

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: B14cK][c3 ]

Comment

Spoiler

hmm, at first i thought he was reading HoL but then i decided that was much too obvious a link and also a bit wanky, and therefore didn't fit with most of the book which isn't quite so in your face. I'm still undecided. If he isn't reading HoL then what? Or more to the point why does MZD show him reading anyway? Is he discovering/uncovering something? He never quite reads all the pages cos the fire burns too fast. you could probably analyse this one to death. if you felt like it of course.

love a.

Comment

Working...
              X