Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats with the pause symbols?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whats with the pause symbols?

    Is there any significance to the pause symbols on the inside of the front and back covers on of Leaves?

  • #2
    Are you talking about the promo for ? I don't have any pause symbols in my edition.

    Comment


    • #3
      Its also on the inside of the cover for HOL. Any idea about it's significance?

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, it is just a promo for . It should also have come with a bookmark advertising Poe's album and this forum, unless you bought it used. The significance is that MZD has some good PR.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ah alrighty, thanks guys

          Comment


          • #6
            Equal sign

            Originally posted by po-m View Post
            Yes, it is just a promo for . It should also have come with a bookmark advertising Poe's album and this forum, unless you bought it used. The significance is that MZD has some good PR.
            I am reading of Leaves and did not know the symbol was related to . My interpretation was that it is a sideways equal sign, the book talks about how important it is to humans that things in the Universe "add up", that there is an answer for everything that makes sense, thus the equal sign.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by yosh8i View Post
              I am reading of Leaves and did not know the symbol was related to . My interpretation was that it is a sideways equal sign, the book talks about how important it is to humans that things in the Universe "add up", that there is an answer for everything that makes sense, thus the equal sign.
              Equal signs are horizontal.

              Comment


              • #8
                He said sideways. Doy.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by yosh8i View Post
                  I am reading of Leaves and did not know the symbol was related to . My interpretation was that it is a sideways equal sign, the book talks about how important it is to humans that things in the Universe "add up", that there is an answer for everything that makes sense, thus the equal sign.
                  Maybe you're just making a big deal of things

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by katatonic View Post
                    He said sideways. Doy.
                    So... not equal signs, then. lol

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Equal signs are horizontal? Ah, no wonder I failed math Yes, I said sideways equal sign. Aren't there multiple pages with sideways text? But moving on...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by yosh8i View Post
                        Equal signs are horizontal? Ah, no wonder I failed math Yes, I said sideways equal sign. Aren't there multiple pages with sideways text? But moving on...
                        Ellimist is just messing with you. He's a mathematician. No sense of humor whatsoever.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's true. I heard his second favorite thing to do at parties is geometry proofs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Paws symbols?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X