Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when Johnny starts to switch his "s" for "f"

sorry if it's a repost, i did search.

"This sporadic "f" for "s" stuff mystifies me, but I don't care anymore. I'm getting the fuck out of here. Good thing too, fince I'm also...." Page 410

literally sent shivers down my spine. it's not intentional, right? he's just falling deeper into it all?

it seems like such a random thing to suddenly start doing. can anyone give a better explanation for why this occurs?

Try this on for size.

Comment

Originally posted by KaycieBrown View Post
      it seems like such a random thing to suddenly start doing.
      I do that with American and British spellings, especially the ou, armour, colour and so forth. Depends on what I've been reading, I usually don't notice that I'm doing it until after its done.

Comment

I saw it as him poking a bit of fun at the whole thing, the book, the old records, Zampano, all of it. Maybe he was tryingbto lighten things up for himself a bit like he did with some of his journal entries. Like maybe if he could laugh he wouldn't feel so insane.
        Though it's certainly possible that his subconcious had picked up on the change and had started writing it out without noticing, or that he aas going a bit more crazy.

Comment

I saw it as him poking a bit of fun at the whole thing, the book, the old records, Zampano, all of it. Maybe he was tryingbto lighten things up for himself a bit like he did with some of his journal entries. Like maybe if he could laugh he wouldn't feel so insane.
          Though it's certainly possible that his subconcious had picked up on the change and had started writing it out without noticing, or that he aas going a bit more crazy.

Comment

Working...
          X