Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forearms or no forearms, why can't we heart bees?

I think its interesting what is included in the index, how it is included and then what is not.

Several of the DNE words are animals that are listed in the singular but they actually appear in the text as plurals. Bee also appears in the index but is not given a DNE and is referenced to only one page, 104. Although, bee-battered, which is not listed in the index, appears on page 19, bees, also not listed, on pages 78, 80, 94, 327, 614, 615, 618, 622, 642, 650 and buzz, which is listed, on pages 26, 101, 264, and 336. The word honey is also in the index and is mentioned on pages 19, 61, 66, 408 and 515.

Probably splitting hairs and coincidental but that makes 16 pages that contain B-words about bees, not to mention one of them being Bees' purple. If only there were six mentions of honey as well, but there are only five. Could count the honey in the index as well but then that would be inconsistent with how the B-words were counted. So its 16 of one or half a dozen of the other.

On the other hand, forearms is mentioned in the text five times but gets no mention in the index singular or otherwise.

Edited to fix a page number.
    Last edited by heartbreak; 02-08-2010, 03:05 PM.

If we look at the 16 B-words we find that:
    4 of them come from Z via TNR
    5 of them come from P via her letters
    6 of them come from JT
    and 1 from Homer.
    mmmmmmmmm donuts.

Comment

Originally posted by heartbreak
      If we look at the 16 B-words we find that:
      4 of them come from Z via TNR
      5 of them come from P via her letters
      6 of them come from JT
      and 1 from Homer.
      mmmmmmmmm donuts.
      Perhaps these could be coincidental with Biblical figures.... take this from the holy grail, nay, fountain of info that is Biblestudy.org for example:

Now the number four is made up of three and one (3+1=4), and it denotes, therefore, and marks that which follows the revelation of God in the Trinity, namely, His creative works. He is known by the things that are seen. Hence the written revelation commences with the words, "In the beginning God CREATED." Creation is therefore the next thing—the fourth thing, and the number four always has reference to all that is created. It is emphatically the number of Creation; of man in his relation to the world as created; while six is the number of man in his opposition to and independence of God. It is the number of things that have a beginning, of things that are made, of material things, and matter itself. It is the number of material completeness. Hence it is the world number, and especially the "city" number.
      Found here - http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/m...n-bible/4.html

also:

The Number Five
      Five is four plus one (4+1). We have had hitherto the three persons of the Godhead, and their manifestation in creation. Now we have a further revelation of a People called out from mankind, redeemed and saved, to walk with God from earth to heaven. Hence, Redemption follows creation. Inasmuch as in consequence of the fall of man creation came under the curse and was "made subject to vanity," therefore man and creation must be redeemed. Thus we have:

Father
      Son
      Spirit
      Creation
      Redemption
      These are the five great mysteries, and five is therefore the number of GRACE.

If four is the number of the world, then it represents man's weakness, and helplessness, and vanity, as we have seen.

But four plus one (4+1=5) is significant of Divine strength added to and made perfect in that weakness; of omnipotence combined with the impotence of earth; of Divine favor uninfluenced and invincible.
      Found nyah - http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/m...n-bible/5.html

and finally this:

Six is either 4 plus 2, i.e., man's world (4) with man's enmity to God (2) brought in: or it is 5 plus 1, the grace of God made of none effect by man's addition to it, or perversion, or corruption of it: or it is 7 minus 1, i.e., man's coming short of spiritual perfection. In any case, therefore, it has to do with man; it is the number of imperfection; the human number; the number of MAN as destitute of God, without God, without Christ.
      Located in this neck of the woods - http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/m...n-bible/6.html

Now this is probably a worthless addition to current conversation, but consider the above as symbolic for the aforementioned characters and there are similarities (I'm sure I don't need to point out the obvious parallels, although admittedly a bit of bodging for Pelafina) but some of this could resonate deeper within the book, I wonder what can be found if these numbers are kept in mind for the specific characters?

HB - I know you like a good number rabbit hole, maybe this one has cake at the end? I'd offer to look into it further but

a) I don't have my copy of the book handy, one is lent out and the other is at my parents

&

b) I'm far too lazy and would certainly give up without having input anywhere near the required amount of effort

Comment

It could be biblical. It could be an order to the different authors. Or to show that maybe P is a mediation between JT and Z. Could be MZD having fun with control. Could be coincidental to something else. Could be nothing.

Comment

Or in other words: Here and here.

Comment

Working...
          X