X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is HoL one of those things where...

... that you understand or "get" more of the more times you read through it?

I'm wondering if anybody else felt that way about it. I read the first 70 or so pages, then picked it up again and started over about 6 months later, and in those 70ish pages it seemed as though more stuff/references made sense related to other things.

Things that you "get" more as you read/watch/listen to it more are interesting to me. Like 12 Oz. Mouse. Everybody I know hates that show. But I've made a few of my friends sit down and watch the whole thing, and when it was done, they were amazed.

12 Oz. Mouse is a show where you understand more of the dialogue/visual cues/etc in the show the more times you watch it. Just on my 3rd or 4th time through it I found out that Spider is C.J. Muff (if anybody even knows what I'm talking about or has seen the show).

If HoL is like that, I may have to read through it again.

What?

Comment

Hey, moved. Thanks, nikh.

You rock.

Comment

Originally posted by econobeing
        ... that you understand or "get" more of the more times you read through it?

Things that you "get" more as you read/watch/listen to it more are interesting to me...

If HoL is like that, I may have to read through it again.
        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by LJonesy
          Yes.
          In theory

Comment

It may simply confuse you more.
            It certainly gets heavier each time I read it though.
            And by heavy, I mean it carries more gravity each time.

Comment

And I thought you meant that you'd made so many notes in the margins that the weight of the ink had actually become noticeable...

HoL has made more sense with rereads for me, at least.

Comment

Working...
              X