X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lude in the Introduction

I read over the introduction, and I finally understand why Lude is even more important then Johnny in this area. Of course he called and basically led the chain of events to Johnny and HoL, but something everyone over looked.

Lude died October 25, 1998.
    Johnny kills Gdanskman October 29, 1998.
    Introduction written October 31, 1998.

Originally posted by Short_Fuse
    I read over the introduction, and I finally understand why Lude is even more important then Johnny in this area. Of course he called and basically led the chain of events to Johnny and HoL, but something everyone over looked.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say with this post.

Comment

As I mentioned in one of my first posts, the dates corrospond with the ancient Samhain holiday still practiced by Wicca and followers of the black arts. Originally, the holiday represented a kind of three day month...hmm, I wonder if Three Days by Jane's Addiction has anything to do with this.

Anyway, one of the customs of Samhain was to adorn one's self (if you were a Druid) with dead animals. Makes you wonder about those missing cats.

Comment

I can not find anything that says Samhain starts earlier then October 31st. Do you have a source for that claim?

Comment

*October 31st at sunset*

Comment

Not really trying to say anything with this post to tell you the truth. Just putting it into perspective. Would you have noticed truly before I did?

Comment

Yes

Comment

noticed what?

edit: pg. 515?
                Last edited by noevilstar; 01-07-2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

*tears*

Comment

565404cf8d85fcd9c905e884e39da52e.jpg

edit: LOOK! A HAND
                    Maybe it wasn't also a beacon to the eyes (or hand?) that come outta the blue. Valyries and bats, perhaps.

Dang, until now I hadn't noticed the similar look of Stonehenge and the cover of the book.

To answer your question, the Celts didn't have leap years and nor a 365 day calandar. They used the Moon and Stars and Sun to navigate through time. Samhain happens for three days in the time frame. I had done a research thing on this years ago but, not being sentimental, tossed out almost every school project that were on a floppy.
                    Last edited by On a Map of Swirling Cord; 01-08-2009, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Short_Fuse
                      Wait, I just realized. The 25th to the 31st is 6 days. Wasn't the amount of time an item (fishing line, for instance) could survive unattended in the maze six days?

It took God six days to make the universe (and then a good day-long chill session afterward), it takes the six days to unmake things... Hm...

Comment

If you go by the bible years and time they say everything is, then the Egyptians were alive before the earth was made.

What about the dinosaurs?

Comment

There are no dinosaurs in HoL, only dragons.

Comment

no dinosaurs only dragons

Hmm, if I'm not mistaken there is even a reference to a dragon (and the laviathon) in the Bible.

Since MZD said he had the Bible and Shakespeare tragedies when he was writing I wonder if he has somehow created his own little alternate universe in which these literary works are "the gospel".

I say this because of the choice of Whalestoe for an 'institution' of the mind, if you will. I'm by no means versed in the Bible so this is a shot in the dark.

If I am not mistaken there is something written either in the Bible or by clerics of the Christian faith that make the claim that animals do not make it to Heaven. They also do not dwell in the labyrinth which, to me, seems to serve as a kind of environment for people to engauge their fates and a kind of catylist of karma. (maybe Navidson's big mistake was turning his back on his children)

Comment

Animals are generally not considered to have souls by Judeo-Christians, those are the exclusive property of humans.

I think the significance of the animals being excluded from the labyrinth is in some way correlated with their exclusion from The Navidson Record. Zampano laments that Will undertakes no investigation of their strange reaction to the labyrinth, claiming that the film barely deals with the animals after that point. Oddly enough, he posits no further ideas regarding them either. In fact, I don't even remember those pets appearing again in the entire book, except possibly at the very end...

There are numerous dragon-like creatures in the Bible, especially in Revelations. The Leviathan, however, seems to me to have a lot to do with the Atrocity, Jonah and the whale, and Pelafina in the Whalestoe.

Comment

Working...
                              X