A Came Across a Copy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Came Across a Copy

That has been passed around to probably 10-15 people. Readers are invited to add their own footnotes into the book, so that the story gains layers and layers. I haven't been able to read it (this copy, I do have my own), a couple friends are ahead of me.

What do you think of this idea? Do you think it potentially adds to or detracts from the story/ies?

Well, it all depends on who gets their hands on the book. It'd be interesting if various intelligent people of various different professions got a hold of it, to be sure. It'd be mildly interesting if it was just a few average joes. But then you get the risk of idiots adding useless commentary to the book, or people with extremely similar viewpoints saying the same thing over and over again.

I do like the idea, though.

Comment

The of Leaves website is a much more extensive library for such comments however it would probably be interesting to see.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiKatt
        The of Leaves website is a much more extensive library for such comments however it would probably be interesting to see.
        You're right, i won't disagree there. But it seems what le jamie is saying is more along a narrative line. Those footnotes, added by those people, are added layers like Johnny, to someone who's never met all those people, more layers of narrative into the book (even though the events and people are real in this circumstance)

Comment

Originally posted by LJonesy
          (even though the events and people are real in this circumstance)
          Are you sure? They could pull a water heater.

Comment

Originally posted by heartbreak
            Are you sure? They could pull a water heater.
            Or they could be hit by a truck, and then the gas would catch fire.
            Except it's not gas.
            It's milk.
            Only there was no truck, there was no milk.
            This post has to end.
            I have to end it.
            I did end it.

Comment

Working...
            X