Clear All

• April 29 2004 San Diego signing

Uh...ookay
    http://poeland.realpoe.com/index.php?showtopic=428

"San Diego State University Bookstore
    Mark Danielewski
    April 29th

Author event"

Guess I'll call and find out what's up or something.

[edit] All they told me is 5pm signing.

[ April 12, 2004: Message edited by: MicheleVR5 ]

April 29 2004 San Diego signing

Thank you very much, MicheleVR5.

While San Diego State University Bookstore is a bit too far away from Holland for me to get there personally, I appreciate the information.

I hope that someone else from this board is able to go, and that they might be willing to tell me all about it.

Merouda

Comment

When was the last time he visited the Uk does anyone know?

And, on a COMPLETELY different note (thought it best NOT to open a Topic for this) Has anyone ever seen anyone in the street (on a bus/train/plain) reading HoL?

Comment

Blah, I forgot about Exploration Z again...I have so totally neglected it. I have webspace for it and everything, I just never moved it! The old version of it is up here, but I'm sure it's missing a bunch of stuff. Hopefully some MZD news will kick me into gear to move it to the new place.

I've never run into someone else reading HOL, anywhere, but I've seen plenty of street names from the book [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If it works out, I'm there. I live 4 hours away (in Vegas) but I'll make the trip. They have a calendar of their signings on their site: http://www.aztecshops.com/author.asp but at this point the signing isn't listed.

Comment

Hollad, Kansas . . . no matter how relative, "far away" is still "far away."

Michele, what's the latest on the state of Exploration Z?

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by MicheleVR5:

I've never run into someone else reading HOL, anywhere, but I've seen plenty of street names from the book [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img][/QB]

I see things that remind me of the book ALL the time. Its creepy [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And doesn't it sometimes feel you are the only person who knows about this book?

Comment

I am the only one who knows about this book.

Comment

What book?

Comment

yeah... what's all this talk about a book?

Comment

If anyone does go, please oh please give a write-up on what happened here. M'Kay?

Comment

I got a little more info on this today. MZD is doing a class with Lawrence McCaffrey at SDSU. Apparently McCaffrey is pretty in to post modernists and did some work to get MZD into his class. After the class, MZD is going to the college bookstore to chat. I have a feeling that a ton of people will be there, and I'm not sure if they can handle it.

I'll get some pics and post them here....

Comment

I booked my trip out to San Diego today. Larry McCaffrey, who arranged MZD's visit, was the one responsible for the 2003 Critique interview - so I'm looking forward to speaking with him and hearing Mark read. My guess is that MZD will announce his latest project, so all the "when is the next book coming out" questions will be answered.

Comment

Hey just so you know, my current information straight from McCafferey is that the appearance will be at the SDSU Bookstore on Sat April 17th and not the 29th, I'm waiting for an e-mail back to confirm the information cause I never know he might have been thinking the wrong date when he e-mailed me, sometmes it takes a while to hear from him, he's a busy guy so I'm showing up on Sat if I hear from him or not

"yo, matt,
                            yep, you've heard right--mark is gonna be giving a reading at the
                            sdsu bookstore on april 17, 5 pm;...

larry"

that's the info I have I'll be happy to update you with whatever I get when I get it....

Manikatt

Comment

Hope I didn't cause any confusion yeah the date is April 29th at 5:00 SDSU bookstore just heard back from larry. Sorry bout that

See you there gsr and anyone else. Larry encouraged as many people as possible to make it to the reading at 5. So please come I'm sure it will be a great reading and from the group who will probably be there especially larry I'm expecting some great discussions will happen.

Manikatt

[ April 15, 2004: Message edited by: ManiKAtt ]

Comment

Working...
                              X