X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams

Ok I have a question for as many users as possible.... When you were reading the book did you ever have dreams or nightmares? if so when did they start and what were they about? if you don't mind.

I started to have then right after the tattoo ink closet part and i don't member what they were about but they were REALLY scarry and I woke up in a cold sweat many night until i got to the part where the walls started to cave....

This also seemed to have happend to my english teacher who i let read the book after me.

Did this happen to any one else or only us two? [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Dreams

Whoa. That's freaky and stuff.

I don't remember any of my dreams while I was reading the book except a couple, and they weren't scary.

In one, my dog (who was pregnant at the time) got loose and started running with all these other German Shepards that just appeared on my land out of nowhere and I was trying to figure out which one was the father of my dog's puppies... then in the same dream, my boyfriend's dog had puppies (but that is WAY WEIRD, because my boyfriend's dog is a BOY). He didn't like hearing about that at all, but I had watched his dog have puppies in the dream... so his dog got a sex change in my dream.

Then another one was about me being in a beauty pagent, but it was only the county beauty pagent (but it's really weird because I'd NEVER even consider being in a beauty pagent!) Then, somewhere along the way, I was being hunted and chased by these evil, mean people and my friend from Maryland showed up with her friend's pre-mature baby... then all sorts of weird stuff started going on, I don't remember it all. But I was mad about something when I woke up.
    My boyfriend blamed that one on the pizza we ate the night before. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Dreams

While reading the book, I woke up every morning feeling like I was stepping out of a horror movie. It was insanely COOL! Of course, I'm naturally a bit demented [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] It freaked me out---glad to hear this has happened to others! [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Dreams

I haven't had any nightmares since I've began studying HOL, but I have noticed something strange. I'm normally very date and time conscious. My internal clock can't be beat. But, since I've been reading this book, I often find that I have no idea what day it is. It's not a big deal, but I think worth noting to all who care.

Comment

Dreams

I know what you mean about the internal clock thingy... When ever i was reading the book it seemed like time went twice as fast...or slower depending on how you look at it... I would read what felt like 30 minuts i look up at the clock it is almost an hour and a half later...

But back to the dream thing does anyone belive that your dreams/nightmares were caused by the book? [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Dreams

i know what you meen about dreams ive had them since reading..i dont know what point i was in when they started and i dont remember what they were...whats worse is that a few years ago i felt like i was being watced whenever i was alone at home.and frequently had mild hallucinations(no i wasnt using anything at the time)thing is since reading the book they have started again.i run upstairs to bed at night(sounds stupid i know but hey paranoia is pretty powerful)worse of all i stopped reading the book a while aago(about a week and a half ago)i know i know i will start over in a few days but my point is since stopping reading my nightmares are becoming far worse and more vivid and personal....maybe im just going slowly(?)insane..its understandable considering the circumstances ive found myself in recently(i dont wanna go into it)or maybe...i dunno ive gotta try and finish the book i know the answers in ther somewhere

Comment

Dreams

For the past two nights I've had realated dreams, in which everyone is obsessed with some mathematical equation. For some reason, one can only enter integers into this equation. This equation starts as an obsession, and is followed by madness.

In the first dream, I tried to enter into the equation, and was only driven more insane.

It was not until I threw the damned thing away that I finally became a functioning human being again.

But last night...I must have started all over...

(Sorry, just thought I'd add to this madness that we've seemed to embark upon recently.)

Comment

Dreams

i've met johnny in various states of his descent into madness in my dreams. i'm writing one of these dreams into an art project i'm doing. it's from johnny's point of view, which you can find here. i'd appreciate any criticism on writing style, which still needs some work (hi kimba!), and remember, this is a work in progress. you can send comments to me here, and if you want to see the project that's in from the front, you might look here. (for the record, the whole shebang is about cassandra from the iliad.)

in any case, yes, the itself and the themes of the book have been invading my dreams since i started it, and maybe even before when a friend was reading it.

cassie

(edit: adding a feedback address & a link to the cassandra project front page.)
                (edit again: clarification & typos. ugh!)

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: iliad awry ]

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: iliad awry ]

Comment

Dreams

I'm fairly lodgical.
                  I don't belive that the book would be a cause of anything such as nightmares.... or time loss. Or some such thing.
                  If any of those things would happen, it would be my fault, and not the book. I'm barely 150 pages into it.

And in yet, last night, I had a nightmare.... I drept that there was a young girl in my , and she was dying. It was a terminal illness, or something. She was no one I knew personally. She told me that she didn't want to die alone, and she convinced me to take this poison that would slowly kill me. They were a handful of large red and yellow round pills.
                  I took them.
                  And I was dying.
                  In my nightmare, her face, the walls, were moving slowly, and blurry.
                  It was so vivid and real.
                  I was really dying.
                  Then it occured to me that I didn't want to die. That I didn't have to just because of her.
                  Then I woke up.
                  Thats how it always ends....

Comment

Dreams

Hey, Iliad, just wanted to congratulate you on an ever-cooler story. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Kimba

Comment

Dreams

Hmmm.... The first night after I started reading HoL, I had a dream which was dominated by cats. I was carrying my friend`s dead body through an airport at first, and when I finally got to rest, it turned into a cat. I saw my four year-old neice, and she morphed as well. There were a variety of others in the dream, ranging from the cute to the wolfhound-sized black terrors.

Interpret as you will....

Mirrorshades

Comment

Dreams

Not so much dreams, but today I was taking a shower and started to get the feeling that if I closed my eyes to wash my face the walls were going to come together and crush me. Also, I just bought "Haunted" by Poe today, and in one of the recordings, it talks about November 6th and Anne. My girlfriend's name is Ann and her birthday is November 6th. Eerie.

Comment

Dreams

I sometimes see ghost-spiders. Does this count?

Comment

Dreams

I never had nightmares that I know of (of course, I have trouble remembering my dreams and they're usually extraordinarily odd anyway...). When I read the book, I usually started around midnight and then read for about an hour or two each night.

I had A LOT of trouble falling asleep the nights I read from the book, two nights in particular: the night after reading Johnny's "experience" in the tattoo parlor and the time when Navy went into the maze on his own (the first time) and Daisy called him back to the .

As my wife slept peacfully next to me, it seemed that the walls of our bedroom were moving in and out and I swear I could see things moving in the hallway that leads to our bedroom. We live in an apartment complex and there are always a lot of weird noises you can hear from neighbors and the street outside...so I'm not sure how much that influenced my imagination.

I was struck by the power of this book's words to make the still room around me come alive. Very cool. Very creepy.

Comment

Dreams

I shouldn't have read it all the way through at once. The dreams got so bad, and I couldn't sleep more than an hour or maybe two at a time. I woke up panicking, but the only thing I could remember about most of the dreams was feeling terrified, chased, and dying. The book began to occupy my thoughts at strange times (I would think about it while eating, in the shower, having sex, weird times...) and even now, that I've finished it, the dreams haven't stopped, though I don't normally wake up more than once or twice in the night now. I've never read anything like it, or had anything have this kind of effect on me before.

Comment

Working...
                              X