X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What paper aeroplane...

Since I no longer give a shit about my copy, I tried this. I made a regular paper airplane, it flew about six feet before veering strongly to the left, and was then caught and eaten by my cat.

What paper aeroplane...

quote:
    Originally posted by RainingLight:
    Since I no longer give a shit about my copy, I tried this...

Maybe someone should get you a new copy. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Comment

What paper aeroplane...

what brought on this thought i might add...but i would take and make a stright linear airplane andset the tail on fire with a match and throw it...

Comment

What paper aeroplane...

I had to quit after page 13 due to an unfortunate surface scratch across my left cheek.

Comment

What paper aeroplane...

Imagine you tear every page out of a copy of HoL, in order, and fold them all into paper aeroplanes.

What sort of plane would you make out of p466, How far would it fly, and would it curve to the left, right, or fly in a straight path?

Comment

What paper aeroplane...

Though failure of communication within my family I got three copies of HoL for Xmas. I, somewhat inspired by ouzo and the second-last chapter, took all the pages out and made a device within which to hold an egg, a raw egg. Using sellotape and pages 200-432 I made a cylindrical chamber, sealing the bottom using the back cover and scissors. Pages i-xxiii were separated, scrunched-up and placed within the chamber to comfort the egg, the raw egg. Pages 20-25 were scrunched and used to cover it.

The remaining pages were scrunched up and attached outside the chamber; an ingenious touch I thought.

I began my test:

I stood tall and extended my arm fully in line with my shoulder and dropped the device. It was a success.

I repeated the above, except I stood on a chair. Success.

I dropped the device out of my window, approximately 50ft from the ground. Success.

Thereafter, I decided to test it from the highest public building I could find, the local library. I was crossing the road on my way there when I slipped on some black ice and fell over onto the device, crushing the egg.

There are some nights I lie awake until morning, thinking what if? What if?

Comment

What paper aeroplane...

just as with what happened when stan lee put out his what if series...i can see it now...what if the egg didnt break...

Comment

What paper aeroplane...

I once made a conatiner similar to pigbods, and it protected an egg(yes, a raw egg) from a four story window. y'know how? two 2-liter bottles, duct tape and marshmallow fluff.

we did this in my third grade class. it was a contest to see who could do it from the highest. the rule was, we could use anything we found in our teachers home(with her approval, of course). then we took them all back to the school, and dropped thim, similarly, from incrementally increasing heights. mine won, because at four stories, it didn't break the egg, and there was no practical way for us to go higher.

Comment

What paper aeroplane...

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!

Comment

What paper aeroplane...

I have the egg thing beaten. (no pun intended)(OK I lied).

When I was still geeky enough to be into model rockets, I had an Omloid, which was the Estes rocket for launching eggs to great heights and returning them safely. By fitting a much larger solid fuel engine than the rocket was supposed to have, I managed to get it to around 400ft+.

The egg returned by parachute safely.

A'thank yeow.

Comment

What paper aeroplane...

...marshmallow creme was more creative. and i bet you didn't do that in third grade.

edit: besides, ya smarmy english bastard, it doesn't matter how high it is if you have something to slow the descent and thus soften the impact. if you had gotten the egg up and down in that rocket with out a parachute, just freefall, i would tip my non-existant hat to you. as it is, there shall be no hat-tipping on this occasion.

[ January 29, 2004: Message edited by: malakite ]

Comment

What paper aeroplane...

toothpicks, rubber cement, 2 pound weight limit, 2nd story window, unbroken egg, 7th grade.

beat that, biatches

Comment

What paper aeroplane...

quote:
                          Originally posted by lazysmurf:
                          ...2nd story window, unbroken egg, 7th grade.

beat that, biatches

okay:

quote:
                          Originally posted by malakite:
                          ... four story window....third grade class...it didn't break the egg...

any other silly challenges?

Comment

What paper aeroplane...

quote:
                            Originally posted by malakite:
                            ...it doesn't matter how high it is if you have something to slow the descent and thus soften the impact...

Why? Who made the parachute? A parachute slows the egg's descent over its entire journey, rather than exerting an acceleration on the egg for the last few fractions of a second.

Overengineering a box to take a fall from a great height is just clumsiness. Your device could just as easily have been made out of a 1 tonne steel box filled with cotton wool.

That's not skill, its just padding.

Comment

What paper aeroplane...

Two minutes after class had started, empty mountain dew can cut off at the top, 12 packing peanuts found in the garbage, and two pieces of scotch tape stolen of the teachers desk. Three story drop, landed straight, safe egg. I also won points for lightest design.

Comment

Working...
                              X