X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• um, how about the book?

ok, i am rereading this amazing novel and was hoping for some insight but it appears no one is even talking about the book here... so anyway, I in no way claim to have any answers (yet). But if anyone has an interesting point of view on any of the millions of intrigueing bits in the novel, i'd love to hear them...

um, how about the book?

youve been here a while man, over a year now...you should very well know not everything is about the book on this site. you should also know that there is a search function.

Comment

um, how about the book?

quote:
      Originally posted by vipr:
      ok, i am rereading this amazing novel and was hoping for some insight but it appears no one is even talking about the book here... so anyway, I in no way claim to have any answers (yet). But if anyone has an interesting point of view on any of the millions of intrigueing bits in the novel, i'd love to hear them...

Ohhh you're back?

OK EVERYONE VIPR IS BACK. REMEMBER WE TALKED ABOUT THIS DAY A WHILE BACK? WELL IT IS HERE! NOW YOU CAN ALL START POSTING HOL STUFF.

That should do it.

[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

um, how about the book?

Perhaps we should begin by considering why exactly the word "" appears in blue. Any insights?

Comment

um, how about the book?

quote:
          Originally posted by 1exist:
          Perhaps we should begin by considering why exactly the word "" appears in blue. Any insights?

or red in certain cases

Comment

um, how about the book?

My local bookstore actually sells the fully annotated edition of HoL, including all the answers and a complete walkthrough of the adventure. It seems that the "blue"-thingie was based on a misunderstanding by the editor.

It should've read "glue".
            When I realised that, the whole book suddenly made sense.

Comment

um, how about the book?

quote:
              Originally posted by Akimbo:
              ...It should've read "glue"...

That makes more sense than the "tofu" explanation I heard.

Damned Chinese whispers!! [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Comment

um, how about the book?

hey, thanks guys. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Blue is indeed an interesting choice. Especially since it connotates honesty, solidity and trust. (That's why many mens suits are blue and lots of financial institutions have it in their logo). It's supposed to imply something that will be around for a long ass time. So what is Mark saying about evil?

Comment

um, how about the book?

you arent honestly taking this thread seriously are you? like, you do know everyone was mocking you right?

Comment

um, how about the book?

quote:
                    ...So what is Mark saying about evil?

That it either is or isn't made of glue or tofu? [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

um, how about the book?

ah yeah, aware of the mocking, thanks. am at least college educated. Was appreciating the apparently vain attempt of one chat member to discuss the book. I am also aware of the "search" one can do on the site, however, searching discussions that took place months ago does not really allow for interaction does it? [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Sheesh. So if y'all don't discuss the novel, what the hell do you talk about?

Comment

um, how about the book?

quote:
                        ...at least college educated...

Most of us are here. Was that supposed to mean something?

Comment

um, how about the book?

it was just supposed to mean i'm not stupid -as it seemed someone else was implying. not saying anything about anyone else. sorry to offend.

Comment

um, how about the book?

I wasn't offended. I was just curious about what you meant.

Carry on.

Comment

um, how about the book?

Well, what do you think the book is about? You start the discussion, then at least you open yourself up to being mock so easily.

For example:
                              The is a metaphor for family and the emptiness that exists within families.
                              Now discuss.

[ January 09, 2004: Message edited by: DanSRose ]

Comment

Working...
                              X