Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• differences between printings

Hello board!

This is my first post and I'm sure I will be met with full noobie fervor, but I will ask my question anyway. Please don't lecture me too much on the search function

I own almost all the versions of the book (yes it is an hobby bordering on obsession)
    has anyone else noticed any differences in the printings (besides the obvious color changes)? more text, less text, etc.

I read thought previous posts and no one precisely addressed this question.

If seomone did, please direct me accordingly and I'm sorry for wasting time and space

thank you

differences between printings

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by zampano'sdarkness:

I own almost all the versions of the book

OK. I'll bite. What does that mean?

Comment

now hes just a kid, lets not scare him [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(although Im still just a much a newbie as him [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img] )

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by crass:
          now hes just a kid, lets not scare him [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I am just tryng to ascertain if he is claiming to have a full color edition, and a black and white, and a two-color, and incomplete.

Or if he is saying that he has all of the signatures, or paperback, and hardback, or what.

Comment

my mistake, though I was just being sarcastic. I'd actually love to see his innocence crushed and self confidence destroyed.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by crass:
              ...I'd actually love to see his innocence crushed and self confidence destroyed.

KILL THE NEWBIE!

KILL THE NEWBIE!

KILL THE NEWBIE!

KILL THE NEWBIE!

KILL THE NEWBIE!

KILL THE NEWBIE!

KILL THE NEWBIE!

Comment

Well, Ms. Zampano'sdarkness, please excuse my assumption of your gender.

Second, please excuse my doubting your post. For some reason, color, edition, and signature is a favorite topic of jagg-offs around here.

As to your questions about differences in printings, no, aside from little ink spots, or splotches, I have not noticed text differences.

Now, as to your having all of the signatures, I would say...sell them to me!!!

Comment

Ah.. what lovely responses..

first to address the use of "he"

I am a she.

Second to verismo,

Excuse my inclusive language, perhaps I should not have been as board. I have all the paperbacks, hard backs signed excluding a phl and a few of the extremely elite printings. I do not have a full color version. I have lot of them not all unfortunately.

Third to fatwoul,

wow,... I feel loved or more appropiately hated

[img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

sorry verismo, I'm quite partial to them. I couldn't bare to part with them. I've acquired most through online book sites such as alibris (sp?) and such [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Comment

I have noticed that in my red version, the text in footnote 183 ("starts" on page 140) is scrunched so that several words overlap. Apparently the blue versions don't have that scrunching?

Comment

According to knowyourrights.com, blue is 87% less likely to scrunch when competing with red.

Comment

An obvious difference is the blue Xs that appear on pages 389 and 625 are missing in the Red edition when they could have easily been gray Xs. Instead the space the Xs would have crossed are just missing from the letters they hit.

Comment

Working...
                          X