X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused!!??

I just started reading H.O.L. and I am quite confused on HOW I am suppose to be reading this book. It doesn't seem to be the kind of book that one would read from front to back. I am currently most fascinated by what is happening with Navy and his family so I find myself only flipping to the next scene in their lives...I am skipping over the other text. I don't know if that is how it is suppose to be read, but it is so CONFUSING the other way. It doesn't make much sense to have a break in such an interesting story-line to read a riddle or other seemingly frivilous text...who cares? But...maybe I'm missing something. Maybe the riddles and other tidbits of info are important. Please someone let me know. [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

confused!!??

Most of the time the riddles and tidbits of info arn't relative to the Navidson Record. HoL is not just about TNR though. Everything in the book is relevant, even if we arn't sure how. Read the book through, stopping at footnotes and browsing the appendices.

Comment

confused!!??

You don't read the book. The book reads you. Or the other way around. But getting lost in it is exactly the point; you are supposed to get lost. You're doing just fine. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Comment

confused!!??

read? oh, its not a good idea to read the book. i feel that you can get the most out of the story if you draw a pentagram on the inside of the front cover, a cross on the inside of the back cover and place it under your pillow as you sleep. each night, flip it over, so that one night it is facing up, the next it is facing down, etc.

Comment

confused!!??

read? oh, its not a good idea to read the book. i feel that you can get the most out of the story if you draw a pentagram on the inside of the front cover, a cross on the inside of the back cover and place it under your pillow as you sleep. each night, flip it over, so that one night it is facing up, the next it is facing down, etc.
          Well arent you a strange one [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] ...
          dude dont let these guys discourage you from reading the book, and if you feel like stopping dont, because this book is worth it

Comment

confused!!??

The way I read it was reading the NR until JT broke in, marking the spot where he interrupted, only to return to that spot whenever Johnny was done with ramble.
            There isn't one right way to read it. You just have to find the one that works for you the best.

Comment

Working...
            X