Unseen Celebrations...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unseen Celebrations...

...Because he almost never posts in the of Leaves forum, choosing to mostly reside in the French Quarter, garp is rapidly approaching his 1000th birthday and so far as I can tell nobody from this forum has noticed.

That is all.

[ January 03, 2004: Message edited by: fatwoul ]

Unseen Celebrations...

yay for garp!

if i had paid attention in my 3 years of french, i would congratulate him en fancais. as it is, i am restricted to this accursed tongue.

Comment

Unseen Celebrations...

quote:
      Originally posted by malakite:
      yay for garp!

if i had paid attention in my 3 years of french, i would congratulate him en fancais. as it is, i am restricted to this accursed tongue.

Do not panic. I'm sure you will have plenty of time to learn before the wedding [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Unseen Celebrations...

Thanks evrybody!
        I'm very proud to become a topic subject...even if some of my posts were...strange (remember the famous "INDEX-DNE= IX" ? I don't even know what I meant with this one !!!)

I must imagine a tremendous 1000th post to celebrate the event !
        Some ideas ?

Comment

Unseen Celebrations...

What do you do if you are already married?

Comment

Unseen Celebrations...

Congratulations.

We just might have to wed someday.

Comment

Unseen Celebrations...

quote:
              Originally posted by verismo:
              What do you do if you are already married?

that's the question!...and i have not enough posts to find an answer before the 1000th...except if i ask my wife! but i m not sure she have enough "french humour" to understand! she'll probably ask me to drop this damned book which is driving me mad for almost a year!

Comment

Unseen Celebrations...

quote:
                Originally posted by jaru in 1 an et 1000 posts (French Forum):
                Comme je l'ai vu dans le forum VO (American Quarter ?), l'anniversaire de garp va se fêter en grande pompe. Qu'un de nos plus (le plus ?) distingué membre soit ainsi honoré n'a pas pu me laisser indifférent et je n'ai pu réprimer un sourire en coin au fond du couloir...

OK, I kinda knew what jaru said, but I thought I would run it through one of the free translators on the web for a laugh. I was glad I did:

“As I saw it in the forum VO (American Quarter?), the birthday of garp will celebrate itself in big pump. What an of our more (the more?) distinguished member is thus honored was not able to leave me indifferent and I was not able to repress a mouse in corner at the far end of the corridor...”

Heh.

Comment

Unseen Celebrations...

When I get excited, I'm the same way: repressing the mice is out of the question.

Comment

Unseen Celebrations...

Tomorrow, that'll be the day ! So, follow this link, and welcome in France for my 1000th birthday ! We gonna drink some champaign, all together !

Comment

Working...
                    X