X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats zampano mean

I really have no idea, but I've been wondering if it has anything to do with elusive Z. in between Mark and Danielewski. Anyone know?

whats zampano mean

no. no no no.

zampano has meaning, just like 'SAT' or 'IMDB'. or 'FUCK'. 'ZAMPANO' means 'Zeppelin And Motorhead Play Amazingly Nimble Oboes'. geez, wasn't it obvious?

by the way, 'SAT' means 'Standardized Aptitude Test', 'IMDB' means 'Internet Movie DataBase' and 'FUCK' means 'Fornication Under Consent(not constitution) of King'.

the 'Z' betweenn 'mark' and 'danielewski' has nothing to do with it. it stands for 'Zweibelheimer'. Mark Zweibelheimer Danielewski.

[ October 01, 2003: Message edited by: malakite ]

Comment

whats zampano mean

I always thought it was fornication under consent of king.

Comment

whats zampano mean

yeah, you're right.

Comment

whats zampano mean

Mmmmmm. motorhead.

Comment

whats zampano mean

i know it is just the name of the guy but what dose it mean, mean? [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

whats zampano mean

SO thats what fuck means... and all this time.

I'm always the last one to know these things.

Comment

whats zampano mean

I once heard For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.

Comment

whats zampano mean

Shit.

Ships carrying fertilizer as cargo would get water on the deck and crap water would be everywhere. So they started putting a sign on the side of the crates:
                  Store
                  High
                  In
                  Transit
                  S.H.I.T.

Comment

whats zampano mean

That is AWESOME! Now what about 'hell'? Where did that one come from?

Comment

whats zampano mean

quote:
                      Originally posted by The Disgruntled Frenchman:
                      That is AWESOME! Now what about 'hell'? Where did that one come from?

The English word is from the Anglo-Saxon helan = to hide.

It is the most common translation of the Greek Gehenna which is a transliteration of the hebrew Gai'Hennom "the valley of (the sons of)Hennom" A place where children were put through fires in worship of Moloch.

OR/AND

The Greek: Hades = the word used to call the "unseen world".

Comment

whats zampano mean

Store high in transit, I always thought it was Biblical.
                        Well just fornicating under consent of king me sideways! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

whats zampano mean

Looks like FUCK has the two stories.
                          this is a cool site for that stuff.

Comment

whats zampano mean

Jesus Christ. Some people have way too much free time.

Comment

whats zampano mean

Did a quick search on the etymology of fuck (hey, it's Friday afternoon and I'm bored) Found at www.geocities.com/etymonline.com: "...Written form only attested from early 16c. (O.E.D. 2nd edition cites 1503, in the form fukkit; earliest appearance of current spelling is 1535 -- "Bischops ... may fuck thair fill and be vnmaryit" [Sir David Lyndesay, "Ane Satyre of the Thrie Estaits"]), but presumably a much more ancient word than that, simply one that wasn't likely to be written in the kind of texts that have survived from O.E. and M.E. (or later: the word wasn't in a single English language dictionary from 1795 to 1965). Buck cites proper name John le Fucker from 1278..." And further on "Popular and Internet derivations from acronyms (and the "pluck yew" fable) are the kind of things you get when you leave slacker word-game freaks alone with a bong-full of bad hash.". Think he's talking about us [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X