X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whalestoe translation

Yeah, I know I'm gonna get metaphorically kicked in the shins for asking this since it's undoubtedly been posted before but the search function (for the fourth day in a row) has been giving me an obnoxious "web site not responding" error message so I apologize for my impatience and its lack of responding...

The Whalestoe Letters has a dedication "for P." which under it has "Les jours s'en vont tu demeures." I have tried to translate it but all I get is this:
    The days from go away you residences.
    And that doesn't even make sense!

Anybody can help?

Whalestoe translation

You can see my answer here.

[ August 05, 2003: Message edited by: Nash ]

Comment

Whalestoe translation

quote:
      Originally posted by Andrea1204:
      Yeah, I know I'm gonna get metaphorically kicked in the shins for asking this since it's undoubtedly been posted before but the search function...

...The Whalestoe Letters...

Kicked in the shins for not using the search function? Nope.

Kicked repeatedly in the eye for not posting this in the Whalestoe forum? Yep.

Comment

Whalestoe translation

quote:
        Originally posted by fatwoul:
        Kicked in the shins for not using the search function? Nope.Kicked repeatedly in the eye for not posting this in the Whalestoe forum? Yep.

I looked there too! But I got the same answer that I received when I personally looked up the meaning. And since there were so few results on that forum I came here since there are many smart people (such as yourself) who I knew would help me.

=)

Comment

Working...
        X