X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects/Nightmares

SO, has the warning in the introduction come true for you? It certainly has for me. What nightmares/experiences have you had because of HoL?

Effects/Nightmares

Well, I have this recurrent nightmare where a person whose face is hidden keeps asking me the same question again and again.

And again.

I keep answering them, but they keep asking. Each time they ask, they have a different voice. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Effects/Nightmares

i fear fatwoul and the other site vetrens with spotaniously combust soon...*goes back off in search of lemon drizzle cake*

[ June 30, 2003: Message edited by: Statix ]

Comment

Effects/Nightmares

Why? They asked about nightmares and I told them. [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Effects/Nightmares

I have nightmares about my teeth being cracked/ falling out/ crushing eachother. It's not a specific nightmare, it just happens in different forms in different dreams. It's very fucking unpleasant.

Comment

Effects/Nightmares

Meep!

Comment

Effects/Nightmares

And by the way:
              Maybe it's just me, but you should reconsider placing your full address in your profile. There are a bunch of weirdos around here.

Comment

Effects/Nightmares

You should not have pointed that out.

There are a bunch of weirdos around here.

Comment

Effects/Nightmares

I have this one where either I'm hunting someone or someone is hunting me, I'm missing my left ring finger a lá Frodo at the end of the Return of the King, and when I catch them, it's always me, who I promptly shoot. Bang

Comment

Effects/Nightmares

i have a recurring dream, where i'm sittinng in a room, looking through a window, and im looking into another room, which is slowly filling with water. and as the other room fills with water, it gets harder and harder to breathe in the room i am in. then, when i can't breathe anymore, i wake up. i've been having it since i was six.

there's another dream i have, every year around october, but instead of having the same dream each time, itsw like a continuation of the same dream. weird.

Comment

Effects/Nightmares

quote:
                      Originally posted by 1exist:
                      I have nightmares about my teeth being cracked/ falling out/ crushing eachother. It's not a specific nightmare, it just happens in different forms in different dreams. It's very fucking unpleasant.
                      I have the same dream all the fucking time. Every dream book I've read tells me that it means you are insecure about something or that you have a secret you don't want anyone to find out about. All the same, it is an extremely disconcerting dream.

Comment

Effects/Nightmares

I've been having dreams about driving exactly eleven nails into the center of my forehead with a nail gun in a circular area about 5 cm. I then get a small pair of needle-nosed pliers and pull them all out one by one. I can feel every sensation with enormous detail much to my own discomfort. I'm outside and the feeling of moving air over the wounds is really disturbing.

I've also had this problem where I'd be dreaming and I'd suddenly wake up to this deafening sound in my left ear. I'd grind my ear into the pillow and try to fall back asleep and then I would, and I'd re-dream the dream I had before I woke, only to wake once again at the same time in the dream to the same sound in my ear, and this would happen over and over again, many times each nite. It was awful. And it is quite painful. I can't figure out what the sound was, but I am certain that I was actually awake and conscious each time.
                        Anyone have this kind of problem?

[ June 30, 2003: Message edited by: Roger Orzig ]

Comment

Effects/Nightmares

On topic....before the book I did have a nightmare similar to what others have claimed to "experience" because of the book...it starts out pretty normal...I'm talking with my family and suddenly the entire picture except myself goes black...I'm not an expert but I belive that it has something to do with my fear of being alone... but this hasnt occured recently...in fact it hasnt occured in about 2 years...

A more recent nightmare that is recurring....I'm in a hotel with my close friend and for some reason I decide to go down stairs and the floor below is one large swimming pool...and the stairs gets more narrow as i go down...i end up having to jump off the side and go to the elevator...the fall seems like a bottomless pit but i land softly...as i reach the elevator I notice that not only am i in the company of the monopoly guy but also my friend...they both look over at me and in unison ask me "What took you so long?"

well there you have it...any ideas or explainations....help me out here...

~peace~

Comment

Effects/Nightmares

quote:
                            Originally posted by Statix:
                            ...and suddenly the entire picture except myself goes black...

Sounds alot like the dreams of some of my friends who struggled with nightmares after reading HoL.
                            But, you don't go black?...Are you looking at the scene as an omniscent outside observer, or can you see yourself illuminated?

Comment

Effects/Nightmares

im just the only one there...i guess you could say an observer...

Comment

Working...
                              X