Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects/Nightmares

quote:
    Originally posted by fatwoul:

Explain the fact that I never have any sort of dreams apart from just strange ones then. No rutting, just strangeness. [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Perhaps you just dont remember the saucy ones... For some reason I am always kissing guys I feel indifferent about in my dreams and its always very vivid.

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

quote:
      Originally posted by Ra-ra:
      Perhaps you just dont remember the saucy ones... For some reason I am always kissing guys I feel indifferent about in my dreams and its always very vivid.

I actually remember very few dreams anymore, because I have learned to sleep properly.

I read ages ago that sleep works in blocks of 90 minutes, and that provided you don't interrupt a block, and only sleep in multiples of 90 minutes, you will feel better. But according to an article I just read in New Scientist, REM seems to occur at roughly 90 minute intervals too, in such a way I would expect to remember more dreams than I do. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

quote:

I actually remember very few dreams anymore, because I have learned to sleep properly.

I read ages ago that sleep works in blocks of 90 minutes, and that provided you don't interrupt a block, and only sleep in multiples of 90 minutes, you will feel better. But according to an article I just read in New Scientist, REM seems to occur at roughly 90 minute intervals too, in such a way I would expect to remember more dreams than I do. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Heh, yes, I always find I remember dreams more often if Im woken up, rather than if I awake naturally.

[ July 15, 2003: Message edited by: Ra-ra ]

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

with me its just the opposite. i am more likely to remember a dream if i wake up naturally.

does that make me a freak? i mean, more of one than i already am?

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

quote:
            Explain the fact that I never have any sort of dreams apart from just strange ones then.
            Your mileage may vary? [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

Silver, i think you pretty much nailed me(no pun intended?), especially with the part about me dealing with some aspect of my personality or identity that is hidden, that and i haven't gotten any for a while.

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

quote:
                Originally posted by malakite:
                with me its just the opposite. i am more likely to remember a dream if i wake up naturally.

does that make me a freak? i mean, more of one than i already am?

Perhaps its more to do with how soon you wake after an REM episode has finished... so no, I dont think that makes you a freak [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

Not nightmares/dreams.

What am I scared of?

I don't know... but I do know that for whatever reason, reading this book, analysing this book, even reading this message board, can put some highly irrational fear into me, the kind that freezes you, makes you want to keep your eyes only where they are now, not look behind you or out of a window (made worse when it's dark)...

I am not an irrational or jumpy person by nature. It takes a lot to scare or worry me. Usually...
                  I don't fear plane crashes, spontaneous combustion, chip pan fires or fatal diseases, I don't fear tax inspectors or dentists, I am not afraid of being mugged, abandoned, lost, or anything similar.

I don't believe in walls shifting and hallways yawning as they stretch, I don't believe in ghosts, and I certainly don't believe in monsters or minotaurs after my blood (or flourescent markers).

But this book... places this fear in me that I cannot explain, and it's so silly, yet when it takes hold it's also so real.

I just wanted to get that out, maybe someone can relate. That would be vaguely comforting.

I'm also quite drunk, and this makes my fear a little heightened, as opposed to relaxing my judgement and believing I'm invincible.

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

I just started reading it yesterday. I don't think I had any BAD dreams last night, per se, but I kept waking up and my apartment felt bigger, more silent and more unfamiliar. I had to comfort myself with reasonable thoughts more than once while reading. The bathroom door was pulled closed and I didn't want to open it.

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

i'm not sure i'd call it an effect of the book, because it's sort of how i was introduced to the book: i had very vivid nightmares when i was six or seven about getting lost in hallways in a cathedral or church(according to my parents, i did) and the lights eventually dying and not being able to find the walls.. just being in this infinite dark space afraid to move because somewhere the floor might end.

i mentioned this to my psychiatrist a couple of years ago and she said "wow, i read a book that involves similar hallways [sadistic shrink, no?]" i read the book.. and cathedral nightmares came back for a short time, but they had less effect on me than they did when i was six or seven and didn't last as long (a few weeks)

other than that, i'm only afraid to turn off the lights if i've been reading it too recently [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

It's like this...
                        I'm walking down the circular staircase for ages and ages, then i get to a hallway at the bottom. i start walking, but i'm totally freaked cos it's pitch black (of course) and the only thing i have with me is a toothbrush (d'oh). i hold the toothbrush out in front of me like a weapon and it lights up like a torch (yay). down the corridor in front of me i see someone, and it turns out to be the breakfast dj from the local student radio station (who's about four foot ten.) he's wearing a vinyl spaceman suit, and he does a little butt-waggling dance at me.
                        that's it

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

quote:
                          Originally posted by Kelly mutates:
                          It's like this...
                          I'm walking down the circular staircase for ages and ages, then i get to a hallway at the bottom. i start walking, but i'm totally freaked cos it's pitch black (of course) and the only thing i have with me is a toothbrush (d'oh). i hold the toothbrush out in front of me like a weapon and it lights up like a torch (yay). down the corridor in front of me i see someone, and it turns out to be the breakfast dj from the local student radio station (who's about four foot ten.) he's wearing a vinyl spaceman suit, and he does a little butt-waggling dance at me.
                          that's it

Sounds to me like you've discovered your power animal.

Slide...

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

I am reading it for the second time, I'm only on chapter four, but I know the first time, I felt a HUGE void in my life when I was done. I suppose because 'it' is so large, that once you leave 'it' it's not really gone, and you are used to being in the , that when I'm not, my life is somewhat more incomplete.

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

I have been reading this forum for some time now and really enjoy it...
                              Anywhay I havent posted yet cause I am very much a newbie, anywho:

I did an 8 hour reading session last weekend and then went to sleep at about 3am or so. My girlfriend and I just moved to a new apartment a few days ago so I wasnt used to the floor plan. I sure as hell didnt know where the fucking bathroom was in a sleep-dazed drunkin (oh I had been drinking a little and by a little I mean a-lot) mind set. So I get up and girlfriend not there (slept on the couch or some shit) and I must've been dreaming about HOL cause when I got lost going to the bathroom in the blackness of the rooms I kinda freaked out and had my own little HOL experience.
                              Very, very surreal.

Comment

• Effects/Nightmares

I DID TELL YOU TO GO AWAY BUT YOU WOULDNT DO IT! YOU DIDNT TAKE ONE FUCKING HINT! IF YOU WERE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY THAN WHY DID YOU BOTHER LOOKING UP ZAMPANO IN THE DIRECTORY AND THEN START TALKING TO ME ABOUT JT'S WARNING COMING TRUE FOR YOU? YOURE A FUCKING LIAR.
                                This is the guy I'm being compared to? Oh shit....

Comment

Working...
                                X