• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Effects/Nightmares

Originally posted by DeliriumXV
    ...You were close...
    He can't read that.

Comment

• Now that I think about it I'm re-reading the book again, and I'm at the Evacuation/Escape chapter and last night I had a not so different dream of trying to escape my (in Tom's case) yet unable too, and (unlike the book) I reach a window yet the pane slams down severing my fingers form my hands, yet as I look at them they are not severed, but seem to have never been...it gets hazy from there on but after reading the initial posts it sparked the memory and similarity of the book.

Comment

• I normally don't have nightmares, but a few weeks ago I had a dream some kind of reptile-monster was cutting holes in my stomach with his claws, and then raping the holes. Not very fun. Usually my dreams are hilarous and absurd, filled with handsome Communist spies and cookies. But not that night. Geez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss September
          ...his claws...
          Lobster claws?

Comment

• I just read of Leaves for the first time a few days ago. In response to the original post, I think my dream of last night counts, sort of:

I dreamed I had gone for a year of language study at a university overseas. I was d in a strange dormitory. All the rooms were very small and closetlike, and instead of opening onto a hallway, each room opened onto its adjoining rooms and onto a central room, like a courtyard but indoors. This central room was rather nondescript; the two things I remember are that it was carpeted in a sort of unlovely industrial-style carpet, and that it could not be traversed straight across due to a corral/maze shape of metal barriers coated with blue paint. (The sort of barriers that are used to direct the forming of lines at, say, a theme park.) I wanted to find the communal shower room but instead I chose the wrong door and barged into the room adjoining my own room. In this room was a man who seemed very genial and did not mind my intrusion. He said his name was Karl (I don't know why I know how he spelled his name), and he approached me and kissed me. I noticed his mustache, black and coarse, was unpleasantly scratchy. I was also repulsed by his skin, which seemed to me to have the texture of an oiled paper bag. I felt that he was friendly, though.

The alarm clock awoke me, which is probably why I can remember the dream. I tried to figure out who Karl was, and I came to the conclusion that he is probably Groucho Marx.

Comment

• Oh, i'm so happy! I had my first Hol nightmare!! I know it sounds strange to be so excited about it, but I was allways a little jealous because everybody had these cool side effects and nightmares and I didn't, even when I was in the middle of the book. It just occured a couple of days ago, and I don'y know why, because I haven't touched the book in a long while. Some of my friends and I had to explore the . The entrance was a single door in the end wall of a very large room (like a gymnasium). When standing in the room, I could feel the darkness oozing from the closed door. One of us (not me) was designated to enter the , holding a long cable and another person stayed in the gym to hold the other end. He accidently let go of the cable not long after he was in and got lost, but he found his way back. We all decided to try to go in again but much more prepared this time. We had a bunch of equipment, (computers etc) all set up in the gym and the media was there. Just as he entered, I woke up. It kinda sounds like the actual progression of the explorations in the book, but in my dream it was totally different. It was pretty cool

Comment

• I've had quite a few dreams that have definately originated from HOL. The most prominent one, and the most disturbing for some reason, is that I'm in a Labyrinth and I'm lost, just searching and searching for a way out and the growling starts. I wake up when the growling is almost upon me. Now what makes this really bad is that I'm in the navy and have this dream a lot when I'm out to sea, so I wake up in my rack, which it is always pitch black in, and I'm surrounded by darkness just like I was in the dream. The other thing is that when I'm walking around on the ship late at night all by myself, there have been quite a few times when I 'feel' that presence behind me. That "silent pocket" always scares the piss out of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by overcame
                  Now what makes this really bad is that I'm in the navy...
                  Scary shit!

(Welcome aboard! )

Comment

• You know, that is the first time anyone has ever made a reference to the song 'In the Navy' when I told them that I was in the navy. You are so smart and witty it makes me want to piss myself. Your mother must be so proud.

Comment

• I had to slice off parts of my tongue with a razorblade, and then I had to go to a light to find a box for someone, and there was a man waiting for me who cut off my head.

I did a lot of bleeding last night.

Comment

You know, that is the first time anyone has ever made a reference to the song 'In the Navy' when I told them that I was in the navy. You are so smart and witty it makes me want to piss myself. Your mother must be so proud.
                        heh

Comment

...Your mother must be so proud.
                          Look mate, if you choose to interpret a light-hearted quip as an attack on your virility, profession, moral fibre, or anything else you care to get offended about, that's your business; but I assure you that I meant no disrespect, and there was really no need to bring my mother into this, now was there?

However, I think I still have a piece of papersails's peace-cake left over, if that'll make you feel better.

Comment

• Solidarity with f_s

Originally posted by fearful_syzygy
                            Originally posted by overcame
                            Now what makes this really bad is that I'm in the navy...
                            Scary shit!

(Welcome aboard! )
                            To overcame :

EMERGENCY ! ABANDON SHIP ! ](*,)

QUIIIIIICK ! :o

Comment

• Hey Fearful, I was just returning the 'light-hearted quip". I noticed the 'welcome aboard' that I attributed to that being my first post. Anyway, trust me, I had the sensitivity beaten out of me long ago. I took what you said as a joke and returned it. As far as the mother comment, I said nothing bad about her. So there is no need for the peace-cake, although if you wouldn't mind sharing, I do like sweets.

Comment

• i have trouble walking through my when it is dark. and when i turn out the lights in my room i run to my bed as fast as i can. i've also had trouble keeping a conversation with friends because im thinking about HoL. Hoping i can get over it soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X