X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm the first one here!!

Now I know how Christopher Columbus felt.

[ August 13, 2002: Message edited by: hello? ]

I'm the first one here!!

the change... i can't handle it... its so different... we weren't warned...

AAAAAAAAHHH!!!

the messageboard is turning into the ! i'm scared!

Comment

I'm the first one here!!

Christopher Columbus had a grossly enlarged index finger. Some people think this is why he was such a great navigator - he only had to point and everyone knew exactly where to go.

Comment

I'm the first one here!!

it seems to me like a grossly enlarged index finger would lead to ambiguity when pointing; his finger would be so fat that it almost points everywhere at once. Confusion and panic onboard the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria. Is he pointing to that stretch of land? That island? Communication between the crew deteriorates and contradictory directions are given. Shifting the rudder to head east while the sails carry the ships west, the vessels are hewn in twain by the opposing forces. As Columbus sinks into the sea, he shoves his large index finger heavenward in a cartoonish "I'm drowning" gesture, or a defiant "you ain't got me licked yet, God!" gesture. Then he drowns. Sorry, I just had to say something.

Comment

I'm the first one here!!

does this make me fourth, or is it fifith? I don't know but thats so cool! This is kinda weird, you'd think they might tell us or something, we are the fanactics! Any way I've been at this site a while I think i might find it weird if i went into our section and saw people talking in a different language, so maybe we should leave this pat to the (whatever country it is)... but i have a funny feeling i may not be able to convince you guys!

Comment

Working...
          X