My own personal haunting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My own personal haunting

The begining of this album was moving. Poe describes finding a box containing a cassette with her father's voice on it - and she was shaken to her foundation. I wonder how I would feel if I found a recording of either of my parents voices. I am 34, not old, but certainly no longer a child. My dad died when I was 16, my mom died when I was 29. My mom threw an enagagement party at a local restaraunt for my sister, then had a fatal heart attack 2 days later. In the ensuing week, going through her stuff, I found a thank you letter she had written to the restaraunt staff thanking them for the excellent service. I kept that letter; it was the last sample of her beautiful hand writing I would ever have. Two days after my mother's death my sister received a card in the mail; it was sent by my mother shortly before her life ended.

I am haunted by the idea of life after death. I hope my parents, and all those departed, live in a better world after this one. Some times I feel like an atheist, simply believing God is just a fairy tale. Other times I feel like there must be a God, and therefore life after death. I often wonder if my parents are somewhere watching over me;all the while the existance of an afterlife burns as a question that cannot be answered, or at least not now.

My own personal haunting

one of the first things that connected me with this album was the background that it provided. it told a story, but it didn't tell you everything. it held some things back, made you wonder, imagine, think. and most of all it makes you question what's important. life, love, life after death.

we can register with what Poe is saying in her lyrics. she sings about something familiar, something distant, something common, something unknown. you couldn't ask for anything more.

Comment

My own personal haunting

Beautifully put, Allupata.

Comment

My own personal haunting

it's an album that insites happiness, and then turns it into sadness, then fear.. the emotion and link with her brother put into the album is amazing!!
        i get lost in it whenever i listen, and i listen alot

Comment

Working...
        X