A story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A story

hi. im new, so dont make fun of me too badly. ok i bought the poe haunted cd way before i ever read of leaves. at first i just thought it was a weird album and a bunch of inside stuff in her life, but then i read the book. this book is honestly the best i've ever read. so then i re-listened to the album and it gave me goosebumps. i just have a question, is all of poe's stuff relating to of leaves, or just that one album? thanks [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

A story

Just that album.

Comment

A story

Well, its not that simple. Both of Leaves and Haunted are about Poe's and MZD's lives and the whatever pain that they both lived through, and as they are brother and sister, you can imagine that whatever the songs in Hello? are about, the album itself relates to both their lives.

Comment

A story

Hello, her first album, obviously deals with some things about her family life but not as direct and obvious as Haunted. Sadly, she hasn't released anything lately. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Comment

A story

Hey, this is my very first post! *does a dance* Ok, I think that "Hello" started to intertwine with HoL b/c of "Angry Johnny" --- um, for some reason, my mind links Jezebel to Kyrie. *shrugs* But mostly, I love how "Haunted" isn't just focused on a single topic; it weaves material throughout the album relating to HoL AND her late father and her own life, etc. etc. Hmm, I guess i'm stating the obvious, but oh well. My favorite thing, though, is the "P.S." in "That Day". <> personal stuff....

Comment

A story

So,
            I learned that Poe and MZD were realted after joining the forum. My sister is a big Poe fan and has Haunted. I told her about the book awhile ago and when I learned MZD was Poe's brother I asked my sis, "Did ya know...?"
            The first response she had was..."does he (MZD) have issues with his mom?"
            I just showed her Pelefina's letters and let her decide.
            So...does he?

Comment

A story

I agree with VanillaRain -- there are strong connections b/w where Poe was then and is now. Personally, the progression of the albums speak to me as I, myself, progress. With Hello I was really feeling dark angst which was splattered into random moments of joy, and also troubling spirals into familial pain, so I really understood the album. When I purchased Haunted (and then read HoL) I was coming to deeper, more complex life phases, some of which I can cope with (listen to "If You Were Here"), and others of which are still growing harder to understand/compromise with (listen to "5 1/2 Minute Hallway"). The point is that her albums deal with the intricacies of our outer emotions and subconscious feeling, and that coincides with HoL, which makes for a beautiful menagerie of post-modern media.

[ July 28, 2003: Message edited by: Sangria ]

Comment

Working...
              X