Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOL references w/ Haunted

Hi,

I haven't read HOL yet, but I am going to buy it.

What are these references that tie in with the album?

I don't have "Haunted" on CD, but I downloaded most of the songs online. I liked her before, but after I saw her perform last summer w/ Depeche Mode I got back into her and love Haunted. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

HOL references w/ Haunted

i'm sure your answers are other places on this and the board. do some searching [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] find cool stuff.

Comment

Buy the CD! The last page of the booklet cites the parts of HoL that Poe was thinking of for each song.

Comment

yes you definately need to buy the CD version of Haunted. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] anyway, both of these pieces (Haunted and HOL) are exceptionally well created. they are a genius family!!! poe rocks!
        luv, *star*

Comment

slightly of topic(though, only slightly): it seems to me that both Haunted and HOL have many metaphorical references to real events. however, i have only recently begun to check out the two websites, so i don't really know any of the history behind either the album or book. i know i could just do the research on the sites, but anyone that might be able to point me in the right direction, your help would be much appreciated.

or maybe it is all just a giant mystery, and i know as much as anyone else....

Comment

I think you're absolutely right, malakite. Haunted just seems a little more intimate than HoL. Obviously, their father had an incredible impact upon them, and I suspect that there are little bits of Tad Danielewski littered throughout the book.

Apart from the obvious filmmaker connections and what-not.

[ June 27, 2002: Message edited by: endorphyne ]

Comment

Working...
            X