X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual undertones ( Hey Pretty) Drive by Mix 2001

Ok.... This song is super sexual. My mother listened to the song and "didn't get the gist of the song" (no pun intended). Is it just me or does this song really turn you on. I mean it is inticing.... I don't know. The hidden meaning behind it. Her exploration of the dark sexual parts in all of us. The Heart of Darkness. Our desire to do things no strings attached. Wow I love it. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Sexual undertones ( Hey Pretty) Drive by Mix 2001

i def. see what ure saying...its a total turn on..."the longest unzipping of my life"..."smooth and round like a tear"...VERY sexual song

Comment

I'm here in this fo leaves again.. My aim is Jmack172001 [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] and the same on yahoo....

Comment

yea, that remix blew my mind. if people can't figure out the sexuality of the song, well....drrr

Comment

I love the drive re-mix. My dad heard it, and asked, "what is this crap?" Told him it wasn't crap. And yes, I have to agree about the song being very sexual. But great at that. Poe has an amazing voice, and I think with Mark's words in the song add an even more sexual touch.
          [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Comment

It's also interesting how Poe and MZD repeatedly do things reminiscient of incest... I like how shocked people are when they hear that the other person in the song is actually Poe's brother. It's pretty brilliant.

--Dana

Comment

I dunno if I would think of it as inssestus (is that how you spell that?) cuase it isn't like they are singing/talking to each other so much as with each other. like they are both trying to seduce the listener.

*~laura~*

Comment

Yeah, I have to agree with Laura about them trying to seduce the listener on the drive re-mix. I don't believe that it is incestus, but the fact they think alike. Almost too alike, but not thinking incest. They are great people, in which they both express themselves, especially Poe. Check out her site if you haven't. The biography is really really interesting. [img]images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Comment

It's also interesting how Poe and MZD repeatedly do things reminiscient of incest... I like how shocked people are when they hear that the other person in the song is actually Poe's brother. It's pretty brilliant.
                  They had a bit of an issue when they first decided to record it. I wish I had a transcript of the interview where they talked about it. Basically they were like OK, for a brother and sister to do this, that's kinda...so they called some of Mark's actor friends and they were like call my agent. Poe's like no, we need this now, it took 30 minutes, and Mark's attitude to the actors is like oh right you're working in a restaurant and haven't done anything for a month. So they went ahead and recorded it and sent it out. Then, of course the song is a hit...too bad! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Related to that, different interview - Mark's a national bestseller, nobody calls. He becomes a rock star, one ex-girlfriend calls him. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

It's not insetuous in the least!!!

Just listen to track 18, again, and read the footnote in HoL...

MZD is obviously acting as Johnny, and Poe is singing as Kyrie....

it all makes sense...they must've had fun making the album too...^_^
                    ~WarFlower

Comment

Really, it is not an issue of incest at all. If you didn't know they were brother and sister, you wouldn't have even thought of that. But I gotta say, that is one great song! It is sexual, but not in a dirty. It is steamy, my heart races evey time I hear that line - "...the longest unzipping of my life..." It is raw, I love it!

Comment

This song does not affect me as much as "Angry Johnny" with that lovely double entendre, "I'm going to blow you...away!" [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I played this the other day when I was driving around the east side of the island with my current crush. Just for the very reason that its such a hot song

I hope he gets the gist of the song lol

Comment

Re: Sexual undertones ( Hey Pretty) Drive by Mix 2001

Originally posted by Radarchild
                            I dunno if I would think of it as inssestus (is that how you spell that?) cuase it isn't like they are singing/talking to each other so much as with each other. like they are both trying to seduce the listener.

*~laura~*
                            I also agree - They are focusing on the listener - It's really a great mix and Poe & MZD work so well together...

As a side note on the Lounge-A-Palooza album I think the Poe track 'A Rose is a Rose' was written/co-written by MZD

Rem

Comment

HI!

I know it doesn't concern exactly the topic but I was wondering about the "Das-nicht-zu-e-sein" at the end of the song...
                              I've got one version with it and one without it....but who says it? Poe? I don't think so....does anybody know this?

Thank you

[...and sorry for language mistakes....]

Comment

Working...
                              X