Comment

Re: RE: Testing

Originally posted by Johnny Truant
      Shouldn't be blue???

-jt
      yes

Comment

Where can I get the crazy foreign copies of HoL? I've looked on Amazon, B&N and Ebay, with no luck. It can't be shops local to those countries because I don't speak any languages - not even English.

So how do I get them? :(

Comment

Originally posted by fatwoul
          Where can I get the crazy foreign copies of HoL? I've looked on Amazon, B&N and Ebay, with no luck. It can't be shops local to those countries because I don't speak any languages - not even English.

So how do I get them? :(

Comment

Sorry that was me just there. fatwoul, try these links:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...728181-9980222

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASI...038666-8368126

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASI...038666-8368126

You don't have to speak the languages, since they all use the same template as Amazon.com, and I'm sure it's not beyiond your abilities to navigate the buying process without any difficulties. Be prepared to be screwed on the postage, though!

(Can't find the Dutch one: it's not on amazon.nl)

Comment

Oh for fucks sake...the previous two messages were by me.

Comment

amazon.fr and amazon.co.jp. I was able to use my amazon.com account for .fr, but for .co.jp I had to re-register. Fortunately the info boxes are laid out the same. Brought the box it shipped in along with us to the reading - it looks exactly like any other big amazon box.

For Het Kaarten the link I give in the NL forum still works, but that site tells me Whalestoe is unavailable.

Comment

There's also an option on amazon.co.jp to display in English, which makes matters easier. Seeing as you're in the UK, I'd say it's probably not worth doing it through amazon.com: just do it directly with jp and fr. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Now, the next problem. I have no money, so which of you is going to buy them for me?

Comment

I'll buy 16.425298631....% of one for you.

Comment

Just for the benefit of those who don't know how much yen is worth and don't want to do a quick search for a currency converter;

The Japanese version, which is 4,032 yen, costs $42.26 in American dollars. Apparently, that's the same as 24.03 in pounds, and 35.59 in euros.

It's two books though, right?

Also, it seems they're offering of Leaves packaged with some book by Amitav Ghosh, who I haven't heard of. I may have to check him out now. That package deal costs 6,720 yen, or $58.79, 33.44 in pounds, and 49.51 in euros.

Shipping: $13.12 to the US, 8.70 to the UK, and 12.89 to the rest of Europe.

Comment

Naw, it's just one book, with in blue. No braille/purple/any of that good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by fatwoul
                            Thanks everyone.

Now, the next problem. I have no money, so which of you is going to buy them for me?
                            Already have the Dutch version (only one version availlable, paperback)? If you want I can check out how cheap I can get it for you.. (however postage will add quite some costs to the total,, since the Dutch version is about the same size as the UK version)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X