View Full Version : Beginning the Journey
06-15-2001, 12:42 PM
Today I am beginning the journey through the House of Leaves. Any suggestions on how to successfully complete this journey? Some of the comments I am reading on this board leave me wondering if I will make it.
06-15-2001, 01:29 PM
Here are my suggestions:
1) Lock yourself in your apt/house.
2) Cover the windows with foil and your walls with egg cartons (empty of course).
3) Put measuring tape all along the rooms dimensions (you don't want reality messing with you while you are not looking).
4) Quit bathing. For that matter, don't worry about eating either. Reading HoL will consume your life making personal hygiene seem trivial and unnecessary.
5) Don't answer your phone.
6) Keep your ink bottle's lids on tight.
7) And lastly, buy Haunted (by Poe) and play it repeatedly.
You can skip reccomendations 1 - 6 if you want, but 7 is a must. images/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I hope these tips help you out.
Seriously though, I am sure that you won't have any troubles with it once you start reading it. Just keep an open mind and pay attention to the details. Besides T. and H., I have not heard of anyone failing to make the trip out of HoL successfully.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.11 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.